Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 20 2013
By: BurnyShart First Son 4 posts

defiance

12 replies 206 views Edited Mar 20, 2013
What a poor thing to offer when fps mmo is possible. . (Go play Mag. ..) when is sony going to shake these folks who are not gamers pushing business models instead of real games we will want to play and support?.
Battlefield 3 is another where last generation software poses as the equal of Mag's cloud based tech.
128vs128 is just the tip of mag's iceberg and we getting crap like dust514 defiance bf3?!?!?!?
Speak up and quit letting them tell us what we want because they are not smart enough to make anything better while leading sony on about what they are really doing.....making a paycheck till they get fired.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: defiance

Mar 21, 2013

It has its fans, everyone's different. That wasn't so hard to figure out now was it?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I've been enjoying the beta and it being 3rd person is also nice. And define a 'real game'. People are looking forward to playing this and supporting it so I don't know what you're getting at...?

If you honestly don't like the game/beta, then be done with it and move on to something else.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I'm a big 3rd person shooter fan. Not so much 1st person.  Got into the beta for this for a couple hours the other day, seems fun.  I relatively enjoyed myself with it.  I won't be buying it new at full retail, but will totally look into it after awhile once I'm done/progressed with some other titles I am engaged in right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I really like the beta and already preordered the CE

I will enjoy this game for many many months (minimum)

Kinda feels like a fallout 3/borderlands love child

the vehicles are really fun, arkfalls rock,

Color Coded Loot Rocks! the weapons are sweet as are the Shields.

it's great, play it and see  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 22, 2013

SSlarg wrote:

I really like the beta and already preordered the CE

I will enjoy this game for many many months (minimum)

Kinda feels like a fallout 3/borderlands love child

the vehicles are really fun, arkfalls rock,

Color Coded Loot Rocks! the weapons are sweet as are the Shields.

it's great, play it and see  :smileyhappy:

I probably won't be able to get it on launch (maybe May at the earliest if I can fit the game in before TLOU) but from the beta (which I'm told is a 4 month old build), I think I'll enjoy the full game and seeing where the story goes, seeing a more complete version overall and exploring more of the world (I think I hit the end of the beta as the next mission I have I can't into the region it's telling me).  Right now, just wandering around, helping others out and looking for new weapons.  I've run into some missions in the later area where you clear a small enemy camp and can get a minigun.  It's one of those temporary weapons though (can't run with it, can't roll, can't do anything other than move and shoot with it) but it is a beast (with about 4000-5000 rounds which from my use, takes a while to use).

The gunplay is satisfying enough for me and being able to have a bunch of loadouts ready with the various weapons is also nice (something for CQ, long rang, support, etc.).  Add in the different shields, vehicles and EGO powers and you should be able to come up with some pretty diverse builds (since they only give you a look at the first few EGO perks anyways).

All in all, it's fun to me and I look forward to picking up the full game whenever I do.  I'd honestly like to have it for launch as I've been interested/waiting on the show to start too on SyFy.  They destroyed a lot of good will with me when they canned Stargate Universe (after ending Atlantis too) and Caprica so this is their first original show since those that I'm really interested in.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (167 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48128 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

I finally got to try it with someone else last night (Hi slash :smileyhappy:) and I liked it.  I will definately put a few more hours into the beta and, at some point, pick up the game...but no pre-order/release week for me.   I am too far behind in my gamelog and have to stop buying until I complete 2 games!

EDIT:  Im really really interested in the show too

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3592 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I tried the beta out the other day and it wasn't that bad. Probably not gonna buy the actual game though but I can see how some people will like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Random encounter: was running around in the second area (?) with the hills (think it's the first area Arkfalls start happening) and ran into some mutants that were laying into pows (the animals from the ranch). I mean 5-6 of them + a heavy grenadier just unloading/focusing on them while me and this other random guy start getting some free kills. Ended up getting a red/orange weapon drop from the fight (since I've hit the wall, I'm just hunting down heavies for gear drops).

Decided to turn on the damage numbers too and it's pretty much a fountain of numbers pouring out of the enemy. I do think the mobs are well varied at least. You got ones to pester you from a range (ARs, RPGs, snipers) and some to get in mid/close (shotgunners, SMGs, melee). The AI pretty much does a good job in it's role and can easily overwhelm you at times (4-5 guys at times have done it to me). On one mission, me and another guy just got swarmed by 10+ Raiders and we had to extract.

Also seemed to have gotten on the right track with Grenade Launchers. There is a perk that will replenish ammo on a chance after getting a Jill with an explosive and it can also refill your grenade on the spot. Gonna upgrade it a bit more to be more consistent.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 24, 2013

i have enjoyed the beta.  The game starts slow, but has been getting better with each mission.  Day 1 buy for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes