Feb 04 2013
By: LAXfrEEk880 I Only Post Everything 1158 posts

whats everyones opinion on.....

6 replies 94 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

shooters being realistic vs shooters being not so realistic.  in my experience as a fps and 3rd person shooter gamer, i have come to the conclusion that games that are more realistic are not as fun as those with some crazy "yeah no way that thats how it is really is" gameplay. i feel that from a gamers perspective, that to have a fun game, it should not be accurate.  if you want accuracy then go join the armed forces it doesnt get any more realistic than that.   

anyway, do people disagree or agree? tell me why. 

My many MAG alts:
LAXfrEEk880, LAX-8-, laxbro-8-, L--A--X-_-V, G-R-i-M-Z-z-_-V and SchaeFeR__8[ps4 account so add me :smileyhappy:]
Message 1 of 7 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Re: whats everyones opinion on.....

Feb 4, 2013

LAXfrEEk880 wrote:

shooters being realistic vs shooters being not so realistic.  in my experience as a fps and 3rd person shooter gamer, i have come to the conclusion that games that are more realistic are not as fun as those with some crazy "yeah no way that thats how it is really is" gameplay. i feel that from a gamers perspective, that to have a fun game, it should not be accurate.  if you want accuracy then go join the armed forces it doesnt get any more realistic than that.   

Fun Factor >  Realism

Message 2 of 7 (88 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1092 posts

Feb 4, 2013

As long as the shooter is a fun game, I don't care how realistic it is.  Some realism should be expected as you shouldn't be able to take out an oppnent across the map with a pistol.

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Message 3 of 7 (85 Views)
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Feb 6, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

LAXfrEEk880 wrote:

Fun Factor >  Realism

yea, i like my fps somewhat arcade-ish

Message 4 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I do like some semblence of realism in the game but if shooters were really basically every gun would be a OHK headshot and every gun, if shot to the body even with armor on, would stop an enemy in their tracks!

Plus once you get killed your game would be over, no respawning in real life.

Plus real life is no fun nor an enjoyable experience 

Message 5 of 7 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 7, 2013

In real life, you have one life and you cannot respawn at all. Once your dead, you are dead. It's that simple. However, in the virtual reality... you have infinite lives and you can respawn. It's not like playing Call of Duty, when you respawn to different places. Compared to Counter-Strike, once you die you will have to specate the over match!

Message 6 of 7 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2343 posts

Feb 7, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

LAXfrEEk880 wrote:

Fun Factor >  Realism

THIS.

I prefer a game being fun over it being real. However, I still like some sort of realism to my games. If a game is trying too much to be realistic, it will generally be boring or be filled with cutscenes.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 7 of 7 (60 Views)
0 Likes