Jul 12 2011
By: Kutlessrocker Wastelander 809 posts

Is the Original Silent Hill Worth Buying?

7 replies 3588 views Edited Jul 12, 2011

Hey guys.  I'm wondering if the original PS1 Silent Hill is worth getting on PSN.  I want to know if it's very scary.  Scarier the better. 

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (3,588 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10628 posts

Re: Is the Original Silent Hill Worth Buying?

Jul 15, 2011

Kutlessrocker wrote:

Hey guys.  I'm wondering if the original PS1 Silent Hill is worth getting on PSN.  I want to know if it's very scary.  Scarier the better. 

Thanks in advance.

Silent Hill is well worth the $5.99 (or whatever) that you would be paying for it.

I have no idea what your expectations are for these video games so I cannot tell you if you would find this video game to be “scary” (what scares one person might not necessarily scare another). Silent Hill is a quality survival/psychological horror video game and I hope that you receive your fair share of "scares" from it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (3,588 Views)
Fender Bender
3711 posts

Jul 16, 2011

I know as a fan of the series when they put it on the PSN for download, I immediately downloaded it right away. The game definitely plays better on a psp or a smaller size tv since the resolution isn't that good on a 50 inch screen tv. Now when I played this game back years ago to me the graphics were very top notch for the time. If you're big on graphics, like you expect your games to look like God of War 3, you won't get it here. Yet the atmosphere and musical scoring really puts you on edge. Akira Yamaoka the series music composer and sound director really was able to tap a inner core of the human physcee to frighten you. So I will get it and try it out. Just play alone and in the dark. It really helps set the mood.

I think it is still worth buying but that is just me!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (3,588 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
435 posts

Aug 7, 2011

most definately worth it. gives you a feel of where the story started and how far its come.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (3,588 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2485 posts

Apr 7, 2012

Def worth it the sewer parts and lighthouse are really scary

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (3,588 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Apr 8, 2012

THUGLIFE67889 wrote:

Def worth it the sewer parts and lighthouse are really scary

I just finished the sewer part and dang, that part made me jump out of my seat! I'm playing it on my PSP Go, and I can't imagine how it would be on my PS3. :smileysurprised: SO worth it, dude.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (3,588 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Jul 14, 2012
pretty good game and not extemely hard. getting 10 stars like i did... might be hard at first. i was free for a limited time... thats how i got it and played it. i beat part 2 before i beat part 1

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (3,552 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Jul 21, 2012

When this game came out it made me poop my pant's. Granted the games have advanced quite a bit but at the time Resident Evil was the only other real horror game like this but I thought that Silent Hill was way creepier.  Totally worth getting IMO a classic and must play game if you like the franchise and horror survival in general.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (3,518 Views)
0 Likes