Dec 06 2011
By: BluMakaira Hekseville Citizen 415 posts

Silent Hill 2 & 3 HD Voiceovers

3 replies 291 views Edited Dec 6, 2011

Here's some news I found about the Silent Hill HD collection voice overs from Producer Tomm Hulett of Konami Digital Entertainment...

We’re proud to announce that Silent Hill HD Collection will offer an option for original voices in Silent Hill 2.  This means fans and newcomers alike can experience the classic horror tale remastered with modern voice performances; as well as the original recordings from 2001.  Producer Devin Shatsky and I have been striving to make this a reality for some time, and it’s exciting to have created the definitive SH2 experience.  We would like to thank all of the original voice cast as well as Jeremy Blaustein, who were all instrumental in making this happen.  Unfortunately, due to factors both technical and logistical, Silent Hill 3 will be presented with new voices only.  Konami and Hijinx are working hard to make Silent Hill HD Collection a valued piece of Silent Hill history, and hope fans new and old look forward to its release in January.

Sincerely,

Tomm Hulett

Aloha!

BluMakaira by S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Re: Silent Hill 2 & 3 HD Voiceovers

Dec 6, 2011

I saw this a little while ago but apparently it didn't make it to these forums.  Good news, although it's a shame SH3 will not have the original voices as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (291 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11026 posts

Dec 9, 2011

I’m happy that Silent Hill 2 will at least have its original voiceovers but it is unfortunate that Silent Hill 3 will not be given the same treatment. In my honest opinion, you cannot make the Silent Hill HD Collection a valuable piece of Silent Hill History if you change the voiceovers in any of these video games in this collection. This really stinks because Silent Hill 3 is not an easy video game to locate in this day and age. Those individuals who want to experience Silent Hill 3 properly will have a heck of a time finding original copies of this video game.

I was seriously tempted to pass up the Silent Hill HD Collection because of this voiceover nonsense.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3952 posts

Dec 9, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I’m happy that Silent Hill 2 will at least have its original voiceovers but it is unfortunate that Silent Hill 3 will not be given the same treatment. In my honest opinion, you cannot make the Silent Hill HD Collection a valuable piece of Silent Hill History if you change the voiceovers in any of these video games in this collection. This really stinks because Silent Hill 3 is not an easy video game to locate in this day and age. Those individuals who want to experience Silent Hill 3 properly will have a heck of a time finding original copies of this video game.

I was seriously tempted to pass up the Silent Hill HD Collection because of this voiceover nonsense.

yeah count me in with discarding the HD Collection if the voices wasn't in there. Silent Hill 2 definitely sticks out as being the one that got me started with the series, so I am happy they will have the original voice actors there. I don't know who they are replacing but as long as it isn't the main characters?

Actually I am playing Fear 3 (not as good as the original but still fun playing it) at the moment and Assassins Creed Revelations so I have been away from the forums for a bit, so I am bouncing in and checking what's going  on in here?

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)
0 Likes