Mar 19 2013
By: JuanMdP Survivor 2409 posts

Silent Hill: Book of Memories - Patch + DLC

6 replies 1055 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

Apparently Wayforward wasn't done with their spin off yet which is actually great news. They are releasing a patch to address some of the terrible mechanics the game had (dying and losing absolutely -all- your progress) as well as nerfing some traps for those who wouldn't dump points into Int. Additionally there will be DLC content avaiable too; source~.

The game wasn't terrible though by no means spectacular either, but if they do fix some of these things it could easily become an enjoyable experience rather than a guilty pleasure. As a question, anyone knwos if you can use DLCs from one region on a game from another? I bought BoM on a sale in Europe but my PSN account is American, so it makes me wonder if I'll be able to use the DLC or not~.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1,055 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Re: Silent Hill: Book of Memories - Patch + DLC

Mar 19, 2013

From past posts here, it appears that DLC is region specific, so you'll have grab the EU DLC for it to work with your copy of SH:BoM. But it also could depend on the developer. It is always possible that Wayforward has no restrictions on DLC, unlike the problems some have had with GOW: Ascension where buying a copy from another country required the DLC to be acquired from the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (1,048 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I want this for ps3, as long as there isn't online trophys, silent hill 3 revelations movie is awesome.
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (1,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I just picked up the game today, it had to do a 350 gb download and then some, is this the new update?

Play games to " RELAX "
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3458 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (1,033 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2409 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

It's $4.99; I'm almost tempted to get it but then I could be stuck with something I can't use. Asphaltum's suggestion is good, can I swap accounts, get the DLC installed then swap back to my American account but still continue to use the DLC? Anyone has any idea about that~?

Edit: Actually, the patch hasn't been released for the EU version. So I'm stuck waiting for that in the meantime~.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1,025 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I'm not buying any more Silent Hill game because theres always a glitch and they haven't fixed most of the issue... For silent hill home coming in the motel, got last memory but died before saving so reload same save point, the demon gone so i try to back down the hole and it will not allow me to and they said the game too old they cant patch it. i was going to get silent hill hd collection but there's a glitch there too and not sure if they fixed it all or not... with downpour the audio sync still glitchy with the patch so not sure if they will patch this game as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes