Jan 23 2013
By: lDropDead Lombax Warrior 111 posts

Silent Hill Collection (PS3)

5 replies 344 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

I've heard this game has had a lot of bugs, are most of them fixed now?  Would you reccomend someone buying this and are there any gamebreaking bugs I should know about.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: Silent Hill Collection (PS3)

Jan 23, 2013
This forum is dead : (
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (336 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11000 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

lDropDead wrote:

I've heard this game has had a lot of bugs, are most of them fixed now?  Would you reccomend someone buying this and are there any gamebreaking bugs I should know about.

A patch was released a while ago for the PlayStation 3 version but it only does so much to address the issues that longtime fans of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 have been discussing since the release of the Silent Hill HD Collection. Here are the details that I could find for you:

• Improved Framerate
  • Voice Synch is greatly improved
  • Missing sounds have been fixed
  • Missing music has been addressed
  • Fog density issues are resolved
  • Other minor visual/audio improvements

Source: http://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=3328&t=433636&p=7587782#p7587782

I don’t know of any game-breaking bugs (i.e., ones that will prevent you from saving or making progress) in the Silent Hill HD Collection but the video games in it aren’t without their issues. If you want to pick up the Silent Hill HD Collection then I hope you enjoy what it has to offer. If there is any way that you might be able to enjoy copies of the original versions of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 then I would strongly recommend that approach.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (326 Views)
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Thanks for replying. If you had pick betweeen Downpour(20$) and the Collection(30$) which would you get?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Jan 24, 2013

lDropDead wrote:

Thanks for replying. If you had pick betweeen Downpour(20$) and the Collection(30$) which would you get?

I'd go with Downpour unless you haven't played 2 and 3 and don't have access to a PS2.  They both have their issues but both have been greatly improved with patches.  There may be some issues still, but I don't think they would ruin the game for you in either case.  I've seen the collection cheaper than that though; it doesn't seem like a great deal since that's what I paid last June, but maybe it's hard to find now.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I posted a thread about this in the Survival Horror forum but got no response. It's good to know the problems have been mostly fixxed. I'll definitely pick this collection up soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (280 Views)
0 Likes