MVP Support
12021 posts

Re: ~ Silent Hill: Downpour Information Thread ~

Jun 10, 2011

FreshRevenge wrote:

yeah I had problems with embedding it it as well. I just posted it anyway so people can still look at if they  were interested. I did see some game play footage but I was reluctant to watch a lot of it. This game I think would be very good. I think that it may be better than Homecoming One of the creatures that I have seen just gives me chills all ready. Which is a good thing. I can't wait for this one!

Photobucket

I hope Silent Hill: Downpour ends up being one of the better Silent Hill video games. Silent Hill: Homecoming was a decent survival horror video game but certainly not a solid Silent Hill release (not in my books) and Silent Hill: Downpour is shaping up to be a very intriguing experience. I have seen some combat videos for this title and I can stand behind what Vatra Games and KONAMI are doing with this video game 100%.

On another note, that is a nice Maria avatar. I should sport my Robbie the Rabbit one for a bit.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 10 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4488 posts

Jun 10, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

yeah I had problems with embedding it it as well. I just posted it anyway so people can still look at if they  were interested. I did see some game play footage but I was reluctant to watch a lot of it. This game I think would be very good. I think that it may be better than Homecoming One of the creatures that I have seen just gives me chills all ready. Which is a good thing. I can't wait for this one!

Photobucket

I hope Silent Hill: Downpour ends up being one of the better Silent Hill video games out there. Silent Hill: Homecoming was a decent survival horror video game but certainly not a solid Silent Hill release (not in my books anyway) and Silent Hill: Downpour is shaping up to be a very intriguing experience. I have seen some combat videos for this title and I can stand behind what Vatra Games and KONAMI are doing with this video game 100%.

On another note, that is a nice Maria avatar. I should sport my Robbie the Rabbit one for a bit.

well when I was watching the panel they show some of the church buildings around the area and I think that Konami made a good choice. We have to wait to find out I quess. Yet I for some reason I am not as skeptical on this one as I was with Homecoming.

Thanks on the Avatar, I am going to design a Silent Hill Signature with my name and something so I will use that soon! I don't know the whole Silent Hill Collection and everything else has got me kinda of fired up for Silent Hill again!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 11 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12021 posts

Feb 12, 2012

I’m sorry for not updating this thread in a long time. I have been having fun with Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception since November 1st, 2011. Anyway, I have made some subtle updates to this thread (see the original post).

Here are a couple of “new” videos for Silent Hill: Downpour:

Silent Hill: Downpour IGN Video Preview:

Silent Hill: Downpour Developer Demo:

Hopefully there will be more information released for Silent Hill: Downpour before its release date but if there isn’t then check out this video game and use this thread as a discussion thread for it if you like.

Silent Hill: Downpour should be available in North America on March 13th, 2012.

Message 12 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5483 posts

Mar 6, 2012

Well, it's almost here .  I'm looking forward to it, but I want to see some more reviews first.  I saw one that was 7/10; that is good enough for me.  I will almost certainly buy it either way, though I may wait a bit if they aren't very good.  I've mentioned in these forums (in another section, I think) before how I basically agreed with scores for the last games (Homecoming, Shattered Memories) but not the content of the reviews.  The newer games aren't perfect but I still liked them quite a bit; hopefully they've stepped it up since Homecoming, as that is what I'm most curious about.

Message 13 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Well, Game Informer Issue 228 (don't get me started on them --_--) gave the game a 7 but in the review they praised the final boss saying "The game boasts one of the most interesting and well-executed final boss encounters in the series." (p 82). Now I'm really curious to find out what happened.

Message 14 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12021 posts

Apr 1, 2012

I have been looking forward to Silent Hill: Downpour for a long time and I cannot say that I’m overly disappointed with it at this point in time. Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time to play through this video game and really see what it has to offer. I intend to write a video game review for Silent Hill: Downpour at some point but I have been distracted by other video games as of late so I’m not entirely sure how long it will take me to finish up a review for this video game. Overall, Silent Hill: Downpour strikes me as a solid psychological survival horror video game. If you are looking for one of those then I don’t think you will be too disappointed with this video game. High expectations seem to kill this video game for people.

Message 16 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Apr 1, 2012

I just finished the game today and all I can say is that I am pleased with the result. I will replay the game for sure. It is no Silent Hill 2 for sure but then that isn't fair because each Silent Hill is different from the last. Downpour is a great psychological game and a decent horror game. What I mean is that it is not as scary as some of the previous titles (Homecoming does not count) but it does still provide some intense and crazy moments.

The town of Silent Hill itself will keep you on edge and going "What the f is wrong with this town?" and "What is going on here?" etc. There is still so much to learn about Silent Hill and this game just adds more questions to that list of questions we have of the town. Overall, the protagonist Murphy Pendleton is one of my top favorites as of now. His backstory and all the crap he goes through is enough to appreciate him more and more.

You will not be disappoined. It is not the best Silent Hill title overall (better than Homecoming by a long shot) but it is the best Silent Hill in terms of intense psychological moments. My opinion of course.

Message 17 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 5, 2012

craz3eddie66 wrote:

I just finished the game today and all I can say is that I am pleased with the result. I will replay the game for sure. It is no Silent Hill 2 for sure but then that isn't fair because each Silent Hill is different from the last. Downpour is a great psychological game and a decent horror game. What I mean is that it is not as scary as some of the previous titles (Homecoming does not count) but it does still provide some intense and crazy moments.

The town of Silent Hill itself will keep you on edge and going "What the f is wrong with this town?" and "What is going on here?" etc. There is still so much to learn about Silent Hill and this game just adds more questions to that list of questions we have of the town. Overall, the protagonist Murphy Pendleton is one of my top favorites as of now. His backstory and all the crap he goes through is enough to appreciate him more and more.

You will not be disappoined. It is not the best Silent Hill title overall (better than Homecoming by a long shot) but it is the best Silent Hill in terms of intense psychological moments. My opinion of course.

Actually, this game answers more questions about the series that fans have always speculated. Its still pretty vague but players learn more about certain "elements" of Silent Hill. I agree though, that Silent Hill Downpour is better than Homecoming, possibly better than Silent Hill 4: The Room, and on par with Origins. The original trilogy will still be difficult to beat, even with better graphics. There is just something about old graphics that make the original Silent Hill terrifying (same could be said for Resident Evil). I would suggest to any fans of the series that Silent Hill Downpour is worth current shelf prices and is a nice revival to the scare factor of the older Silent Hill games.

By the way, don't forget to become a Playstation Plus member and get a free download of the original Silent Hill before the special is over! Totally worth it!

Message 18 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12021 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2012

Our ~ Silent Hill: Downpour Information Thread ~ no longer has a video section so that it can fit within the 20,000 character limit (a few images have also been deleted). Here is a list of the videos that were once available in the original post (I will not be searching YouTube for them):

Videos:

Silent Hill: Downpour Korn TGS 2011 Trailer:

Presentation + Debut Trailer:

Developer Interview:

E3 2011 Trailer:

KONAMI Pre-E3 2011 Conference (Silent Hill News):

Silent Hill: Downpour Panel Discussion:

Design Director Interview E3 2011:

Silent Hill: Downpour IGN Video Preview:

Silent Hill: Downpour Developer Demo:

Silent Hill: Downpour - Interview with Tom Hullett:

This is the trailer for Silent Hill: Downpour (for those who are still using this thread):

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but we don't need very many images and videos in an information thread.

Message 19 of 20 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 10, 2012

AwesomeAwesome! 

Message 20 of 20 (446 Views)
0 Likes