About 5.2 million vertices per frame

640 x 480 mode

60 frames per second

32-bit textures, non-compressed

Anistropic filtering

About 5.2 million vertices per frame

This game offers remarkably high-quality image quality as a result:

silent_hill_downpour_primeras_imagenes_pant04.jpg

Cell does the Transform and Lighting, the Geforce GPU does the texturing and rasterization.  Pretty good.  60 frames per second, with very high resolution, image quality, and filtering.  

The problem:

On the outside areas, the Geforce lags behind.  Not enough Graphics memory bandwidth to support non-compressed 32-bit textures at 1920 x 1080, 60 frames per second, and 4x AA when there is an outdoor expansive area, or in 640 x 480 mode with Anistropic Filtering.  Nevertheless - it does work in indoor areas - no noticeable lag.  

Thus - I fixed this problem for the Xbox 360 version.  That version runs smoother.  A simpler matter of lowering the texture resolution - and possibly using 4:1 texture compression.  You live and learn.  

Bringing me to my next point, why release on Xbox 360 too?  A simple principle, we don't want to have games which attempt to give us unfair advantages - it lowers the popularity of the console tremendously via infantile boundary mechanics.  But it was designed for Playstation 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 1 (295 Views)
0 Likes