Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 26 2012
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2195 posts

Silent hill 3 has low framerates and lockups, Downpour.

4 replies 588 views Edited Apr 26, 2012

I get slow movement rates and frame rates and lockups on a slim ps3 320 gig.  Just letting people know.  Silent hill 2 however played flawlessly.

Downpour is locky and hesitant and in alot of places as well.  I havent had a lockup as of yet but during one trophy bling it stoped it like it was a lockup for quite a time.  Then it blinged and it was good again other then the hesitant and locky stuff.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (588 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4535 posts

Re: Silent hill 3 has low framerates and lockups, Downpour.

Apr 26, 2012

I don't have the HD collection yet, but people have been complaining about low frame rate in both games.  I do have downpour and there are some parts it slows down a lot also.  There are actually specific locations where it will always lag (transitions between areas, mostly).  I have never had it fully freeze, but others have reported issues.  Sometimes trophies did take longer than usual to pop up, but it didn't seem to slow down my game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Apr 27, 2012

yeah, it breaks my heart. T.T I bought the game on day 1 and I had framerate slow-downs on both 2 and 3 (3 seemed to be even worse than 2). I have a 120 gb ps3 slim. Even after getting the patch the game didn't seem to improve much so I traded it in and bought Heavy Rain instead. There are rumors saying Konami is going to release a second patch but if I ever pick up the HD collection again (or downpour for that matter) I'll do so "used".

I buy games brand new because I want to support the developers but there's no excuse for releasing a game in this condition. --_-- I don't know, Silent Hill hasn't really been where it should be lately.

Thanks for Pyramid-heading my childhood dreams Konami.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5149 posts

Apr 27, 2012

I finished both Silent Hill 2-3. Great games ( I had never played 2 before) but terrible frame rates. I was very shocked that a upscaled port of PS2 games had bad frame rates.

But yeah Silent Hill 2 frame drops was more notable when you were running in the streets whereas in SH3 it was very common when running .

I too have heard about a supposed frame rate update for SH collection and a new update for SH Downpour that I read on failbook. Supposedly by the time SH Downpour gets an update so hsould the SH CL but we'll see...

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Apr 30, 2012

it's true. Konami is having some people work on a patch that will be released online. However, considering the day 1 patch is over 200 mb I don't really have any desire to wait for an even larger patch unless it gets released on disc (and we get our old discs refunded).

I also have doubts that the patch will fix everything, add more fog, and replace the missing audio. Sorry Konami. I. Don't. Trust. You.Anymore. --_--

The only thing I'll buy from you is ps home clothes.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (588 Views)
0 Likes