Well for me, it is Silent Hill 2. Since it was my first Silent Hill game. The atmoshpere was unnerving and unsettling and it made me actually scare to play. Yet it was something different for me. I have been a long time fan and have got to play all the games. The new one was good. but it had its issues!
I heard that Hideo Kojima wanted to see a Silent Hill game on the new Fox Engine he is creating. So who knows it would be awesome to see Hideo do the next Silent Hill installment!
I love to watch 2, but not to play it. The controls cause me to be so frustrated, that I cannot be scared. As much as everyone else hated it, I loved the controls and playstyle for Homecoming and wish that this could somehow be integrated to 2.
Silent Hill Downpour because of the story, characters and dedication the western team brought to the game. I love Silent Hill 2 like many fans do but Diwnpour is a perfect mix of drama and psychological horror relating to a tragedy like the movie Jacob's Ladder.
Silent Hill 2. It was terrifying, amazing, great story. It had amazing voice acting, steller music.
Id love them to do a true remake with the original voices. (Not that garbage HD collection that ruined it, im talking an actual remake)
Anyways, look at my avatar. Its maria.
Also, Silent Hill 3 and 4 are not very far behind from my favoriet.
1. Silent Hill 2 (Scary game, amazing voice overs, etc.)
2. Silent Hill 3 (My first silent hill, very scary)
3. Silent Hill 4 (Good underrated game)
4. Silent Hill Homecoming (yes, i enjoyed this game)
5. Silent Hill (Good game, but now started to REALLY show its age...)
6. Silent Hill Shattered Memories (Pretty good game, just hated how they removed combat)
7. Silent Hill Origins (Not a bad story or music/voices, but terrible game engine and controls)
8. Silent Hill Downpour (Garbage)
9. Silent Hill Book Of Memories (Garbage)