Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 16 2010
By: JPWMU First Son 6 posts

Combine Multiple Singstar Discs?

6 replies 770 views Edited Jan 16, 2010

Hello,

We have 3 different Singstar discs (Singstar, Vol 2 and ABBA). Is it possible to somehow download the music off the discs to the hard drive, so we don't have to insert the different discs all the time? We want to have all the music from all the different discs combined so we have the entire song list to view in one game. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (770 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Re: Combine Multiple Singstar Discs?

Jan 16, 2010
Nope. Just use the disc swap feature.  While viewing songs on the song carousel hit the select button & eject the disc & put in another one. No need to start up a each individual game. 
I don't need to Get a Life.... I'm a gamer, I've got LOTS of Lives !!!
Message 2 of 7 (770 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 17, 2010
I think we all hate this.  My son has already purchased about 5 songs from the store that we have on disc.  Seems such a simple thing for sony to do.  But alas no answers or solutions from them.
Message 3 of 7 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 18, 2010
I also hate this. I don't know why they can't do like Rock Band and let you upload the disc songs onto the hard drive. It inturrupts the flow of gameplay to swap discs and is really unpleasant.
Message 4 of 7 (770 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jan 21, 2010
You also can't upload any media (videos, snapshots, or recordings) recorded while using a song off a PS2 disk.   You have to buy the song from the store if available.   I know that was not the question but it is a point of irritation.
Message 5 of 7 (770 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 23, 2012

This sucks! I just bought my Sinstar pack w/2 mics, and I found out of this. I shouldn t have bought it. I agree... It totally interrupts the flow of the game. I hope PS3 reconsiders their decision, and creates a SW update to solve this problem, to make us (their customers) happy

Message 6 of 7 (743 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Yes, I agree, this is a problem.  I have most of the ps3 and most of ps2 singstar discs and quite frankly, I don't swap out because it's just too much of a pain.  I just rebuy on purpose at this time.  My understanding is the licensing on disc is a lot easier because it's not digitally released and has risk of being stripped of DRM.

Message 7 of 7 (502 Views)
0 Likes