Nov 28 2010
By: Mikenn Monster Hunter 34 posts

HELP Redownloading Song on New PS3

17 replies 4510 views Edited Nov 28, 2010

I've purchased several songs from the US and UK SingStore and now I have a new PS3 (courtesy of Black Friday)

I know there are several threads here about calling Sony Support, but I'm in the US and that number doesn't work for me...

I called the US customer "support" and they flat out told me "no there is nothing we can do for you"

Does anyone know how I can save myself from losing about $200 worth of songs?

Will the songs transfer over if I use the backup utility?

PLEASE HELP

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (4,510 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Re: HELP Redownloading Song on New PS3

Nov 28, 2010

you can always try n call the US number again but they are tied to ONE ps3 only so unless you send an old one in to repair its sometimes hard to get them to deactivate an old ps3 . Hell Im still trying to get them to deactivate my old ps3 that died 3 years ago because the video store was activated on that and I cannot use it on my new one I bought last year because of it . Pretty much its hit or miss with those people in customer service if they will help you out or not

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (4,510 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2332 posts

Nov 29, 2010

the singstar songs can only be activated on 1 system.  so if youre trying to get them on 2 different systems, they cant do it for you.  i had to call sony for them to deactivate the old system that i sent to them for repairs so that my new one could be activated for singstar.  after the call it took a week or 2 for them to finally work on my new system.  

www.pressx2start.com

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (4,510 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 30, 2010

hi just was going to post on that to i lost all my songs over $100 and my ps3 died so I got a new one well tell you the truth were **bleep** out of luck they say since it is a UK game its going to take them  3-4 weeks to conform your acount. thats bull **bleep** if thats the case why sell the game in the us. makes no snce none I am so pissed off right know.

they should atleast give us some kinda  gift its not hour failt that the sytem boke donwn that bull **bleep**. hey I love this company but the way they treat us is like crap we get no good songs for download. why dont they let us download half the songs they release in the UK they would make tones of money.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (4,512 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 1, 2010

well after getting no where with US support, I bought a calling card (skype) and call UK support, in less than 3 minutes the rep was done talking to me and said, in a bout a week or so, I'll get an email telling me my access to the songs will be granted. Here's hoping goes through!

He said he was only able to reset the songs that I had purchased on my phony UK account through the UK singstore, so if this goes through, I'll have to call back US support and yell at them for being a billion times more difficult and uncooperative!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (4,512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 1, 2010

The absolute easiest way to go about getting your songs to redownload on a new PS3 is to use the email support tool on this website. Make sure you pick the Playstion Network/Playstation Store contact from the list of contacts...or else you will likely get someone that has no clue.

Just use this email that I wrote to them, just a couple days ago. They granted my request in less than 24 hours. I've had to do it 3 times already since my first PS3 and have had no problems at all.

What you need to write:

Based on answer ID 1045, I need to provide the following information to get my singstar songs to my new replacement 160GB PS3 Slim that I purchased this weekend:

Your First and Last Name =

Your Phone number, including area code =

Your PlayStation Network Sign-in ID (email address) =

Your PlayStation Network Online ID =

The issue you are experiencing with your SingStar downloads = need to get my purchases to my replacement PS3

(just fill in your personal info after the = )

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (4,512 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Thank you Hetz76 for the information. I don't know if I would have been able to locate Knowledge centre answer ID 1045 on my own.

This worked for me and saved me the hassle of having to go through phone support since I do not reside in the US.

However, I thought I'd be extra useful and included my busted PS3's serial number, and the first email response from support just told me to contact my own country's PSN Customer Service, which was completely unhelpful.

I sent a reply back and the second email (from a different support person) told me I'd be able to redownload the songs in 7-10 business days. Yay!

In contrast I had to make several phone calls to the UK support centre (mainly because Skype kept disconnecting me) to get my UK Singstore songs back.

Moral of the story: don't include any extra information when emailing customer support!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (4,512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 18, 2011

If i may ask, if i'm not from the US and have a US account... when it comes to the Phone no. and Area code, should i give my current location or A mates Phone and area code in the US?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (4,512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 21, 2011

@SeinnY

There is no need to give that kind of information, so don´t worry about that.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (4,512 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 21, 2011

My old Ps3 broke and I got a new slim. My old PS3 started working again. I want to get my songs on my new PS3. Can  I just deactivate my old PS3 and be able to download  my songs on my new Ps3?

SHU DOG
G.A.P. Member
Folding @ home team # 70760
Tivo beta tester
Go Bucks Beat Michigan again
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (4,512 Views)
0 Likes