First Son
26 posts

Re: Upgrading to the Slim

Aug 26, 2009

SKACMAN wrote:

novocaineiseii wrote:
i guess you could do that, call sony customer service. i think there might be another way, you could deactivate your system via options. So if you deavtivate that account for that ps3, you could redownload when you setup your new one on the slim. I've transferred songs this way.

But still, you'll only get songs on 1 ps3.

My point is if they can do this, they should be able to allow multi PS3 console owners to register them under one account. I have a PS3 downstairs and one upstairs, I should be allowed to have the same content on both my PS3s without having to rebuy anything.

Ok, there is a major difference between not being able to redownload them to a new console and having access to them on two consoles.  Has anyone successfully gotten their purchased songs onto a new console?  Yeah, it would be great to have things on two machines, but I just want to have a new one up and running with all my purchases.   

---Could the default icon choices be anymore lame?---
Message 11 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Aug 26, 2009

Averix wrote:

SKACMAN wrote:

novocaineiseii wrote:
i guess you could do that, call sony customer service. i think there might be another way, you could deactivate your system via options. So if you deavtivate that account for that ps3, you could redownload when you setup your new one on the slim. I've transferred songs this way.

But still, you'll only get songs on 1 ps3.

My point is if they can do this, they should be able to allow multi PS3 console owners to register them under one account. I have a PS3 downstairs and one upstairs, I should be allowed to have the same content on both my PS3s without having to rebuy anything.

Ok, there is a major difference between not being able to redownload them to a new console and having access to them on two consoles.  Has anyone successfully gotten their purchased songs onto a new console?  Yeah, it would be great to have things on two machines, but I just want to have a new one up and running with all my purchases.   

Why don't you just call sony see what they say, they could answer this better than anyone. When a PS3 fails or a new one is shipped, I have read on here that people called them and arranged for the new PS3 they got to have access to their Singstar purchases.

Message 12 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Aug 26, 2009

SKACMAN wrote: 

Why don't you just call sony see what they say, they could answer this better than anyone. When a PS3 fails or a new one is shipped, I have read on here that people called them and arranged for the new PS3 they got to have access to their Singstar purchases.

Sounds like that's the best route.  I was hoping someone had already personally encountered and crossed this bridge rather than having to sit on the phone in an eternal wait queue.  I will post here when/if I get a definitive answer from them.
Message 13 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Aug 26, 2009

TL2 wrote:
I'm upgrading to the slim and have quite a few singstar dlc purchases and i know they are tied to the ps3.  Is there anyway to transfer the songs to another ps3? 

I tried to find a post by this dude that had all his songs re-downloaded to another PS3, but I could not find it.

If I remember correctly, he got a YLOD and contacted SONY with his problem prior to sending his busted PS3 to them.

All he had to do is prove he has purchased songs he had to download. Proof consisted of money added to his PSN account and purchased song withdraws. 

So it is possible to redownload songs to a new or refurbished PS3 if you have patience and proof of purchase.

Message 14 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Aug 27, 2009

I just got off the phone with Sony and they told me there is no way to transfer to a new system unless the old one is broken and sent back to them.

This really sucks because Singstar is the game my family and I play the most, and it looks like we won't be able to with our new slim. The person I talked to on the phone said I need to take it up with SCEE and gave me help@uk.playstation.com as the contact info.

I imagine Sony will be fielding a lot of calls like this, so hopefully they will offer a better solution. If this does not get resolved, I'm returning my Slim. 

Message 15 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Aug 28, 2009

Here's the response from the US online support:

"I do apologize but you may only be able to download some of the songs but not many. If you have any further questions you may call in regarding this issue.

Yeah, not the response I was hoping for.  I will be calling when I get a spare hour or two.  Maybe there is some slight hope that phone support will be more cognizant of reality and figure out a way to transfer them.  Honestly, if they can't transfer them, I will likely be done with Singstar.  I'm not repurchasing all that music because they can't be more flexible.  This isn't about protection from hacking or guarding content, it's just about applying excessive DRM.

I feel slighted by Sony.  Here I am plunking down $300 for their new system and they can't help me get content I already purchased the rights to transferred to it???  Really shortsighted.  

Message 16 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Aug 28, 2009
I called customer service today, because I bought a new slim. They tried to tell me that I should deactivate my old PS3 system, and then try it. lmao. I've read enough of these threads to know that it wouldn't work. I sent them an email, but should I call them again tomorrow? I don't want to have to deal with another rep that things Singstar DLC is handled the same way that regular DLC is handled. *sigh*
~
Message 17 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Aug 28, 2009

Sgt_Kabukiman wrote:

I just got off the phone with Sony and they told me there is no way to transfer to a new system unless the old one is broken and sent back to them.

This really sucks because Singstar is the game my family and I play the most, and it looks like we won't be able to with our new slim. The person I talked to on the phone said I need to take it up with SCEE and gave me help@uk.playstation.com as the contact info.

I imagine Sony will be fielding a lot of calls like this, so hopefully they will offer a better solution. If this does not get resolved, I'm returning my Slim. 

I'd say if they get enough emails, they will have to atleast address everyone with an answer.

Message Edited by SKACMAN on 08-28-2009 04:53 AM
Message 18 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Aug 29, 2009

Well, I just spent a half hour on the phone with Sony customer support (after a half hour on hold...).  Basically, here's what it boils down to:

1. Sorry.
  2. Songs are only downloadable on one console and that's it.
  3. Can't even re-purchase the songs because my ID says they're already purchased.  Locked to another console, but purchased.
  4. No way to unlock or wipe the purchase records so they could be re-purchased on the new machine.
  5. Sorry. 

So, totally out of luck.  Honestly, this is enough of a debacle to make me sell off the SingStar discs at this point.  Either I keep the old console and the songs or I keep the new one and never have any of the music I already purchased again.  Pretty sure I won't be downloading any new songs either way.  

If anyone manages to get a different response, please let us know.  As of right now, furious only comes close to describing my mood.  After spending $300 on a new system, Sony's response for this is really shameful.

Message Edited by Averix on 08-28-2009 05:37 PM
Message 19 of 53 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Aug 29, 2009

@ sgt_kabukiman, Averix and everyone else.......

YES YOU CAN! IVE DONE IT 2 TIMES..

when i upgraded hard drives and bought the slim..

once you get your PS3 and deactivate the other, call Sony and they start the process by summiting a form with your info to SCEE and they unlock all the songs you purchased from your list for redownload.

They ask you to go into your account settings and theres a list from singstar that has all your songs you downloaded and you have to tell them each one over the phone to prove there yours..

the list is in the account settings and select services...or registered services (cant remember at the moment since i sighned on to answer your question) . It says every single song in order, make sure not to miss any and have the guy repeat it back to you. it takes a few days, not weeks..... the earlier the better since there time zone is 8 hours from the US. Its not hard at all. Mine where done in 3 days... heres there number:

1877-971-7669 they handle anything PSN related (since theres mutiple numbers).

i have gotten good experiances with the customer services REPS.. sometimes, people call the wrong 1800 number which dont deal with PSN related issues like singstar. Sometimes, they get confused on what your trying to do. Make it simple, just say your getting a Slim PS3 and want to transfer your songs onto the new PS3.. my friend told them he was selling his old PS3 and getting the slim.. they told him that when he gets his new unit and gets online they would start the process of converting the songs for redownload. if you play singstar on your old machine they will appear locked after the redownload. He had no issues.. his wait was 3days and they email you when you can redownload.

that REP has no clue what he was talking about... you dont have to get into details with them and you are allowed to transfer them. untill you have your Slim dont bother calling since they will ask for the Slims model number. People have done this before so dont sell your games..

edit: when everythings done you singstar downloads wont play in your old machine but will in the SLIM's because you registered it with them.. than its safe to delete everything singstar related on your old unit. it wont matter if you dont because they will be rendered un-playable. You can still download EVERYTHING bought in the PSN on both machines EXCEPT SINGSTAR since it will be registered with the SLIM. I have 265 downloaded songs, the shorter your list the better for the REP.. lol. i just checked my PS3 its

account management> transaction management> service list> select singstar and there are all your songs...............let me know how it goes. It can be done...

its not as hard as people are making out to be aslong as you call that number i listed above...........or you probably talked to a bad REP. If he wont do it, theres a high probablity he doesnt know and ask to speak to someone else.. most the times they put you on hold and ask someone else. make sure to say you have a new unit and mentiond that others have done it before because it makes you sound like you know its been done and they cant blow you off.

Im not one to lie but another friend told a REP he sold his old unit and deactivated the machine and bought the slim....... they can tell based on your sighn in ID how many units are active. If you go this direction you must keep your unit deactivated and only play on the new slim with all your PSN downloads. When he redownloaded every song into the slim.. he re-activated the other PS3 but his old PS3 cant play the singstar downloads because its registered under the slim. You are not ripping Sony off if you go this direction........ even if you dont delete the DLC file on your HDD its blocked but you can still play anything from the PSN on your old unit...

if you already have a Slim register it online under your hardware...... it looks better because it shows your not lying and do have the unit. Sorry for the long post...

\
Message Edited by shadowjin on 08-29-2009 05:15 AM
Message 20 of 53 (21 Views)