Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 16 2011
By: darkangelicsoul First Son 2 posts

Wheres the actual songs people really want to sing to on Singstar!!??

6 replies 358 views Edited Nov 16, 2011

I really wish they would put updated songs on here instead of all the 80's and Techno songs. I want some more Pop or Rnb, and im not talking about sucky artists like britney spears. I want more from Evanescense and Rihanna. Maybe some Christina Augilera or even some old 90's RnB like Shanice or Tamia. I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!

Message 1 of 7 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Wheres the actual songs people really want to sing to on Singstar!!??

Nov 28, 2011

Yeah I know how you feel, I guess there isn't enough interest in North America. Look at the weak forum they have for singstar prime example why they don't want to put the effort.

ATLEAST PUT THE TOP 40 OR RELIVANT MUSIC to this generation PLEASE!!

Message 2 of 7 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Wow,  I'd be happy with just having the US and EU store the same.

I hate to say this but Sony really shouldn't listen to request to just have music from today.  I'm 42 years old and I have about 300 downloaded songs for Singstar.  Plus, I figured out how to get the EU songs but they won't let me upload my videos, but I digress.

At my home we have people from 9 to 68 that come over to play Singstar about once a month.  I personally sing all of these songs from different times.  Since top 40 radio has gotten so bad over the last 10 years I have discovered new songs from today that I love but we still need older songs from the 50s - 90's.  If we just have music from the 00's I'd probably only own less that 80 songs.

Good music is a matter of opinion.  I like opera and classical but technically it is some of the hardest and most complex music in the world to perform and a lot of people don't appreciate it.  But there is some in the SingStore that I've bought.  The fun thing is when it shows up while playing in teams.  It actually brings some stragiety to the game,  i.e. can I beat that other guys singing something we both are totally going to suck at!

Personally I love the 80's songs and I'm paying for them.  Most of them are easy to learn and sing and thats why they are in the store.  I'd like to see more 70's and 60's hits.  There are already a lot of songs from 00's.  Point is there is always going to be that song we'd like to have that we aren't going to get.

IMO (from someone that owns a plethora of songs) here is what Sony London needs to concentrate on with SingStar Development.

1) Make the game engine support more players and game types during party modes.

2) Bring the US and EU singstar stores totally inline with each other.  (They promised this a year ago but still some artists aren't available in the US, like Depeche Mode or Eurasure)

3) Get rid of Disk Swapping.  I own SingStar vol. 1, 2, ABBA, Queen and Dance.  To be the best experience the game should draw from all this content in party mode.  I've got a few ideas about how to make this work.

4) Fix the downloaded content load time when you start the game.  (This is more of an annoyance)  Once I start SingStar it takes two to three minutes to load all the downloaded content.

Message 3 of 7 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 7, 2011

I understand what u are saying, but honestly I havent played singstar in a month because they havent added any new songs to the store that I was even interested in. I would also like to see the US and EU stores unite. Im an 80's baby and I would like some chart topping hits. I want some more R&B. They do have a huge selection, its just nothing im really interested in spending my money on.

Message 4 of 7 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 26, 2011

I am looking for a way to contact SCE to make a formal complaint about songs on the UK store still not available in the US store.  I just can't believe they are not interested in our money because i am convinced there would be tons of downloads just with Depeche Mode, The Cure, Madness just to name a few.  But i think it's a lost cause and what will happen is that i am going to find someone willing to trade songs and/or games.  One year after announcing they will make US/UK content match and still not completed, it shows how serious they are and how much they care about their clients/customers/users.  In all the places i have worked, the project manager or person in charge of a project would have been fired for not completing the job in a timely manner.  Sub-contractors would have been fined so hard, it would have cost them more then the amount to be paid for completion lol.  Ah well, maybe i'll check out american idol or some other newer game like that.  Merry XMAS and happy new year to every one !

Message 5 of 7 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Dec 29, 2011

Sadly, while those of us that are in this forum love our singing and music games in general, the majority of our complaints and suggestions are probably falling on deaf ears. With the music genre coming to a screeching halt this past year with the shutting down of the Guitar Hero franchise-tho' that was brought upon itself by its parent companies oversaturation of the market of Guitar Hero-x and Guitar Hero-y game almost every month, the most we can expect is some gems in all the rocks we have to sift through.

I'm happy that the guys over at Harmonix are still putting out a couple of surprise songs/track packs for Rock Band each week, but lately Singstar hasn't put out anything remotely even worth my interest to even warrant me booting it up anymore. I used to play Singstar on a regular basis when it first came out on the PS2 just because of the large variety of music it had, but as I bought more and more of the tracks that I "liked," as Singstar made the transition to the PS3 platform, the overall library was dwindling on the stuff that I liked until I was left with music that quite frankly, I wasn't gonna put down my hard-earned $$ on.

Sony Europe/Sony NA should at the very least work together on putting a suggestion area on their respective Singstar webpages to at least see what the Singstar audience would like to see put into Singtar and possibly purchase in the future.

Even with the recent Universal-deal, I haven't really seen that much more added to Singstar's library. I'm listening to some Michael Buble right now, and it'd be great to have some jazz-oriented music like his put in there instead of just the usual pop/country/old rock fare, but I won't hold my breath

Message 6 of 7 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 2, 2012

Call 1-877-971-7669 (USA), (press 0) to have all of your Signstar purchases reauthorized. It takes 5-7 days for them to process the request. You can see all of your past purchases in the Singstore under My Singstore. There you will see folder icons that indicate what songs you have entitlement to.

Good Luck

Message 7 of 7 (358 Views)
0 Likes