Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2009
By: CMax420 Lombax Warrior 122 posts

YLOD :(

19 replies 34 views Edited Sep 19, 2009

Well Singstar friends, It seems like I too have the "Yellow Light Of Death", While watching Pulse my PS3 beeped then shut down. Now it won't reboot

Luckly I bought the extended warranty @ walmart when I purchased the system less then 2 years ago! Now if I could only find the receipt........... I hope they can look it up on their system since I used a Wal-Mart Discover credit card to buy it. I know this probably isn't the "correct" place for this thread, but I usually don't go anywhere else on this forum.

So to my friends on here, keep intouch via the forum, since I can't logon to my beloved PS3 anytime soon....................

Message 1 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Re: YLOD :(

Sep 21, 2009

If Wal-Mart can't fix your original system, get ready to lose all of your videos, pics, high scores,

and then get ready to hassle Sony on the phone for up to two weeks to enable your singstar songs on your new unit.

My condolences.

Message 2 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Sep 21, 2009

Yea, I just hope that they can fix my unit. I got the older 80gb Backwards Compatible system with the memory card slots, a feature that I want to keep! Im afraid if they can't fix it, they may try replacing it with a newer model that doesn't have any of these features.

Do you know if my trophies will still be there? Do those tie into my psn account?

Luckily I found my receipt and Im sending it in today for repairs. I'll let you know the outcome. Im VERY happy I decided to spend the extra $30 for the warranty. Atleast for that!

Message 3 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4045 posts

Sep 21, 2009

mweflen wrote:

If Wal-Mart can't fix your original system, get ready to lose all of your videos, pics, high scores,

and then get ready to hassle Sony on the phone for up to two weeks to enable your singstar songs on your new unit.

My condolences.

I've had to contact Sony twice in the past year about getting my Singstar songs back. I never had a problem with it at all. I called and they sent a request to SCEE and I was able to re-download all my songs that friday. Easy peasey. 

Message 4 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Sep 21, 2009
sorry to hear that... I know how it feels
Message 5 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Sep 21, 2009
I just hope its that easy for me too! Best case is I get my original unit back..... Fingers Crossed.......
Message 6 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Sep 21, 2009

mrro82 wrote: 

I've had to contact Sony twice in the past year about getting my Singstar songs back. I never had a problem with it at all. I called and they sent a request to SCEE and I was able to re-download all my songs that friday. Easy peasey. 

I'm in the middle of my second time this year. I have two accounts on which
Singstar Songs have been downloaded. They haven't done it right either time. Last time, they didn't activate my wife's account. This time, they did hers, but not mine. I am still waiting for accoung number two, and it's been over one week.

Message 7 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Sep 23, 2009

Update: I shipped my unit to the repair Monday they received it Today (Wednesday) they estimate about a week for the repair. I wil let you all know when it gets back to me!

I really do hope that anybody else who is going to buy a new PS3 system takes advantage of the extended warranty that the store offers you. If I didn't pay that extra $30.00 I would have had to pay $150.00 to sony for repairs since I had the system 18 montha and sony will ONLY cover this system for 12 Months. I do urge everybody who is thinking about getting the new slim to get the warranty and have piece of mind!

The "Yellow Light of Death" is a true problem in some of these systems don't pay anymore then you have too incase your systems "breaks" too!

Message 8 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Sep 24, 2009

my 2nd. ps3 was purchased at Target - main reason, extra warranty - for $29.95 you get extra two years.

if that one breaks in any way all I have to do is to bring it back and get a new one. No questions asked.

When that ps3 turns two I will abuse it like it was a prescription drugs - LOL

Now that is worth 30bucks

Message Edited by Feltos on 09-24-2009 11:01 AM
Message 9 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Sep 24, 2009
How do you prove what ss songs you had?  I'm on my second ps3 thru warranty but the swap was a while ago before I got ss.
I don't need to Get a Life.... I'm a gamer, I've got LOTS of Lives !!!
Message 10 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes