Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
91 posts

Re: YLOD :(

Sep 25, 2009
I think you can access you purchase information by clicking on playstation network on your profile page. Click on the manage account button. Sign in. Look for the section named transaction management and click on transaction history. Then enter a date range for the content you purchased. Since it's on thier website it's legit. You probably could get this info from the bank also as long as your purchases are not via psn cards. Good luck!
I read the obituaries today and found out that common sense has died........
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Sep 28, 2009

Will "YLOD" be a common problem as the 360's "RROD" ?

I have the CECHK model.

====================================================
I hope one day someone wakes up and Singstar DLC update management team gets fired …
Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Sep 28, 2009

It seems to be a growing problem. My system is an 80gb system, this was the early version PS3 system that still included Backwards compatibility, Memory Card Reader and 4 Usb Ports. It was used for 18 months before it crashed. I know at times I ran my system for 8 hours straight. From what I understand the "YLOD" is a overheating issue. Im just glad I decided to spend $30.00 on the extended warranty. (In this case it saved me)

Luckily I have my system sitting on top of my media center so it gets good ventilation.

I am considering on getting a external cooler product to help keep it cooler.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 2, 2009

Its BACK Less then a month later, my ps3 powered off and BOOM the YLOD strikes again! I have a BIG problem with this! My PS2 NEVER gave me problems and now this again.

I paid $499.00 for this system, I expect a better performing machine!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

Nov 2, 2009

my brothers replacement also died with in 30 days - the drive went bye bye....

you still have warranty - 90days so call sony and ask them to send you the box

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Nov 2, 2009

darn that's a shame Cmax... did they fix the original unit & return it or was it a replacement?  Also, did Walmart send it to Sony or did they use a 3rd party servicer? 

I'm just curious (knock on wood, still have a 60g launch unit w no problems)

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 2, 2009
Luckly I bought the extended Warranty when I purchased this from Wal-Mart. I have coverage until January 2011 I guess if this happens again on the 4th occassion they will replace my unit. So 2 down two to go. Im sure this will happen again before my warranty expires...............
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 2, 2009

They "Fixed" my original unit. (if you want to call it fixed) Sony didn't fix the issue Wal-Mart sent it to a 3rd party repair service.

I hope you got the warranty m8, I hope you never need it but its nice to know you have it incase it happens to you too!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Nov 2, 2009
thanks for the reply Cmax; only a few weeks left on my extended warranty, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it either doesn't happen at all or it does in a few weeks time!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 25, 2011

Sadly this also happened to be about an hour ago i had no previous knowledge of this whole ylod before. i was playing LBP and Bam! it turns off and wouldn't turn back on. Thats when i realied i got that magic little yellow light. It won't give my disc back and I cant belive you cant get your money back ,get a free system, or a lower price deal for the inconvenience? This is going to put a damper on my summer thanks play station.

6242011.jpg 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (36 Views)
0 Likes