Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 26 2012
By: ltolman Splicer 60 posts

Sorcery + Calibration Error

10 replies 861 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

Hello!!!  I just recently bought this game, played it 3 days now....well I will call it a level area so roughly I have put in about 3-5hrs so far.

Anyways I have owned the PS Move for over a year now; pretty much when it first came out, I've used the same game room too.  So let me explain:

I've played the game on day 1 but got a lot of Calibration issues, so I thought it was my charge level of the wand, charged that up with Navigation Controller

2nd Day: Got message again, this time I saw that within the PS3 Menu (prior to launching game) I can go to Accessories and Calibrate the Motion Controller; so I thought cool it should be fixed on day 3

Third day playing...So I re-calibrated Motion Controller again before launching the game, then I also calibrated while playing the game (usually have to anyways with all PS Move Games right?) but as always I will play for about 10-20minutes and BAM I get "Calibration Failure"

Now heres what I noticed.....Prior to launching game I can go into Accessories and configure or look at the Camera Settings, and I'd like to say that I'm playing the game right under my light bulb (sort of speaking) so the Camera area looks GREAT.   But...when I launch the game, its like PITCH BLACK (nearly) when I calibrate it....so I could say that maybe the reason it disconnects is because theres not enough light,but I call it HA HA !!!

So whats going on? I suppose here in a minute I will launch the game and check Video Settings to see if I can brighten the game up or something, I dont know.  If you would like proof of my so called well lit area I'd be more than happy to post pictures on here if Forums allow

Also I may just have to SUFFER and play the game for 1hr a day because during my hr of gameplay I'm having to recalibrate the controller while playing Sorcery at least 4-8 times per.....and I blame Sorcery because as I've stated I have owned the PS Move for over a year and every other game I play it does not ask me to recalibrate it so it cant be the location...

Again the one thing that stands out is the Camera while playing Sorcery; before launching the game the Camera picks up the light bulb in my room just fine but launching the game it acts as if theres no light AT ALL in the room I am playing :smileysad:

Message 1 of 11 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: Sorcery + Calibration Error

Oct 27, 2012

Well the game doesnt have 'Video Options' but what I may have possibly noticed is that Sorcery is a game where I MUST stand FURTHER back from the PS Eye.  All my other games doesnt care at all!!! But Sorcery is a game that REQUIRES you to be further away from the Eye (Camera).

However it still disconnected me while standing further back so I'm still at a loss as to why.

ROFL.... seriously though it is a good game, I'm not dissing it, it would make the gameplay that much greater though if I didnt have to recalibrate the motion controls several times during 1hr of gameplay

Message 2 of 11 (850 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Well I'll be getting Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) on Tuesday but perhaps in the next week or so I'll contact Tech Support because I was further back like against my door and my room is really small but I had to recalibrate 4 times in 20minutes so I gave up playing tonight.

Other PS Move Games I played for another 1.5hrs didnt have any issues tonight

Message 3 of 11 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

So I contacted Tech support yesterday (to Sony)

We changed a couple settings (lol forgot one but we changed flicker reduction from 60 to 50)

We restored file system aka Defragment??

We tried another game to check camera settings

He suggested I buy a new Playstation Eye; maybe my camera was going bad

He suggested maybe my software disc is bad

Well prior to getting a new eye today I downloaded the demo off the market and I was getting the same thing blue background; very hard to see pictures (me)

I got a new PS Eye from Walmart, plugged it in, verified my PS3 system detected my Camera by going into Accessories Settings and Camera and it picked me up

Then I launched the Sorcery demo and I was getting the exact same thing.

Next on the list is to try a different environment, meaning try the game at a different persons house.  Or even move my PS3 system to a different area in my house and test it out.

But I also told Tech Support that my environment has been the same since PS Move made its public debut; I bought the PS Move either on release or 1 week after (even a few days after) and I've used it since then with no problems thus meaning my environment cannot be that bad.

I dont have any other capabilities of testing it on another TV in my house and or choosing a different light-environment setting.  My friend who lives 5hrs away from me recently bought a new PS3 unit; one of these days (which might be within 6 months) who knows maybe I can swing by and have him check.  Or I can try and convince him to download the demo and all I want is to see what kind of Camera view its picking up.

No offense but I'm tired of words and nothing to show.  I'm gonna look around and see if i can post screenshots here later today.

Message 4 of 11 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

Okay well with all 3 pictures weighing at a total of 5mb I've decided to upload them to my server so I'll provide the links:

All pictures may take a minute or two to load.  It loads large then displays average size

Here is a picture of my PS3 Camera Settings (Settings>Accessories>Camera):

http://www.larrytolman.com/ps3camera.jpg

Next up I will give you a snapshot of how I calibrate my motion controller within the Sports Champion (1) game:

http://www.larrytolman.com/ps3champions.jpg

And finally the whole reason for this thread; this is what happens when I launch Sorcery game to calibrate motion controller:

http://www.larrytolman.com/ps3sorcery.jpg

As you can see it seems as though I have decent light except when playing Sorcery.  I'm gonna text/email a couple people to download the Demo to sorcery and see if they can reproduce same lighting system.  When contacting Sony they said they havent heard of anyone having problems like this :smileysad:

Message 5 of 11 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8743 posts

Nov 16, 2012

no one replies to you, that sucks.

The move does not require a lit room, it actually works better in the dark as the wand produces the required light.

Try in the dark and see what happens.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 6 of 11 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Well I seem baffled though.

Why on earth would the game Sorcery keep saying "Calibration Failed, please Re-Calibrate" during gameplay

1-Yes I've charged both Navigation and Wand

2-Oh was I supposed to calibrate Motion with PS3 settings prior to launching game? I did that

3-Maybe lighting, all other Move Games show me in a perfect well lit environment, however Sorcery does not:

http://www.larrytolman.com/ps3sorcery.jpg

So I'm confused :smileysad:

Okay so the 3 friends I've asked that owns a PS3 doenst own a Move/Eye LOL; oh well maybe soon

Message 7 of 11 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8743 posts

Dec 3, 2012

The Move is not turned on, I dont see any ball of light in the image you posted.

The Move should be in view of the PSEYE, and it should be turned on.  

When you are asked to calibrate the controller it usually lights up and starts flashing.

It seems your Move is either broken or you are not holding it within the PSEYE field of vision.

Any other game I have tried, when it asks you to calibrate like the screen you have posted the Move automatically lights up.

Post another pic if you can get it to turn on.  The only problem with lighting and the Move is if you have too much light.  The setup you show seems ideal, (or is that a light behind you over your head?  Turn that off)  

now turn the Move on, LOL.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 8 of 11 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Dec 9, 2012

okay; sorry, I didnt know anyone replied.

I re launched Sorcery Demo + Full Game and the lighting is a lot better for some odd reason and my light is still on.  Only thing I can think of was that Sports Champion 2 got a patch, could that have fixed Sorcery as well?

Since I posted my first screenshot did the PS3 get a system update? Maybe that update fixed that???  Afterall I'm not on my PS3 system every day checking to see if Sorcery fixed itself.

Anyways heres a new screenshot; hopefully it may work now.  The wand is on, just an FYI (both times)

http://www.larrytolman.com/sorcery22.jpg 

I will play Sorcery on Tuesday and see if i may have gotten fixed.  (nothing was changed really, except perhaps a PS3 Update/Champions 2 Update since I posted my screenshot......so no new controller, no new eye, no new TV, its running same everything)

Message 9 of 11 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Hmmm okay that was a bust.

So I put in the Sorcery Disc; launched it and it was way too dark again. I exited app, and went and launched the Sorcery DEMO, that showed a lot better picture of me.

I exited that and went back to the Disc and saw it was way too dark........./conclusion??? Well I'm just gonna trade the disc for another one at the store and see if that helps me.  (I'll trade it tomorrow)

Message 10 of 11 (725 Views)
0 Likes