May 11 2013
By: Southern_DuDe_20 Treasure Hunter 7276 posts

Toys, Gadgets, Doo-Dads

6 replies 329 views Edited May 11, 2013
We have a Soundpack thread for the beat creators. BUT, where is the love for the designers you ask?

Well here it is. Fill this place up with build peices, vehicles, and other things you want to see while keeping music notes in the other thread. Get crazy because:

THIS IS SOUND SHAPES!
Message 1 of 7 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Re: Toys, Gadgets, Doo-Dads

May 11, 2013
I wanna see a gun ship that if it shoots anything red or any notes, it explodes into a burst of noise and color and a ground bot that also shoots enemies that explode into sound and color.

Enemys:
Each enemy can take a certain amount of hits from the gun ship. When the enemy because low on health, its sound tempo should either slow down or speed up. When it is destroyed, it should make a different type of noise. For example, the Guitar Walker when low on health should start walking faster. When it dies, it should play a chord apon death and explode with colors.

Gun Ship:
The gun ship shoots in which ever direction it is pointing in. When moving, it plays a toon that changes depending on which note step it is on. When the Ship explodes, it should also play a chord(minor).

As the gun ship shoots, It should produce a toon. not a loud one. but one that wont get annoying and changes one different note steps.

Ground Bot:
A ground Bot is a walker. It comes with a while new spawn point seperate from the Air Ship. When the ground bot shoots, it also produces a noises. But this one is different and has more base to it(since it is on the ground). When walking(or running, depending on tempo, the bots speed changes) each steady step, the bots foot makes a deep base hit. Each hit should produce a background sound wave that travels the screen. The Bot is able to jump. upon lift off, a high toon plays and when it lands, a heavier toon plays.

The bots footsteps should also change with diffrent setting we pick:
Peppy skip walk
Long Stride
Stacato bounce walk
Even steady walk

These should also come with different looks depending on the walking settings.

upon death, the bot falls apart with a "clink, boom" death.

The Airship and Ground Bot should be a release with a Sci-fi pack or space pack.
Message 2 of 7 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jul 22, 2013
No one has any ideas for things to create with? Oh well, i have another idea.

I want people(like jims people) that dance to the beat. It would be cool to add dancing figures.

I would want want all 3 types. One that makes no noise, one that makes noises, and one for the background. It would also be nice to allow them to have multiple dance settings. I dont care how they dance, but it would be amazing to have several different moves.

It would also be great to allow size change so they can be used for multiple purposes.

I dont know how themes would work. I guess give us a few different themed figures that have different dance moves.
Message 3 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Actually, now that i think about it, a whole pack ov moving objects would be sweet. Dont know what they would be released with..Maybe jazz or groove or dance pack. I dunno. But a bunch of dancing people or usually inanimate objects would be cool!
Message 4 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I'd love to see more sound objects.... anything that you can program a rythm into would be awesome.  i dont really care what they shoot out, I will dodge it.  :smileyhappy:  unfortunately the existing objects seem to create the most problems for the game in terms of script errors or save corruptions.  Variation confuses the game. 

Message 5 of 7 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jul 27, 2013
A 4th material that sways to the beat. Like grass, except, if you wanna make a whole level move, you could.
Message 6 of 7 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Complex Shapes pack. Stars, Pentos, Cresents, octos, Hexas, hearts, oval(not easy to make) Diamonds?
Message 7 of 7 (177 Views)