1. What pack do you use the most? 2.What packs do you love to combine? 3.What packs sound good together? 4.What is noise/sound do you want to combine with your favorite that is missing from the game? 5.What is your Style?
My answers: 1. Corporeal 2. Holiday&Wheelie, Cities Pack&Corporeal, or those all together. 3.Holiday&Wheelie 4.Dubstep, Organs, and Vocals are definitly missing from Corporeal! 5. Electric, Techno, and Heavy Hitter(what i call loud drums, heavy base, and loud instraments).
1) I'd say Dubstep for sure! a lot of weird stuff you can pull out of there.
2) 80's & Dubstep
3) It's really up to experimentation. I think I the Dubstep pack syncs well with anything, just depends on what sound you're going for. I start there, and then I try to figure out what I "need" from other packs, whether its something loud, soft, drums, etc.
4) I really, really want some more samples from the 8-bit days. There are a few here, but not enough! And maybe a way to save notes/objects to a clipboard for easy access.
5) My style? It's part electronica, part uh whatever the notes turn out to be!
But really I follow a basic formula generally: a) figure out a good loop or note sequence that fits my taste. If it doesn't work out with just notes, I try to substitute or add to it with objects and creatures. b) gotta have some drums or at least some bass. c) then I listen, and if I get annoyed with it after a few minutes of shaping, I tweak it.
And then I figure out how players will get notes in a general order, level design, stuff like that.
First want to say you guys in this thread are my favorite music masters! I am trying to learn better sound techniques on the game but here's answers: 1) acoustic pack 2) dub step and anything 3) corporeal and cities 4) some jazz instruments might be cool 5) I try to make style from simmer to a boil, but don't have a particular style. Love any style though, especially hip hop or dance.