Treasure Hunter
6223 posts

Re: 2010 NFL London game teams announced

Jan 16, 2010

eagles1990 wrote:

At first it was going to be Niners vs. Eagles in London but they changed it and I'm glad.

However, is there a year where we don't play the Niners or Bears? No offense but I'm sick of seeing those teams every year

Haha, I doubt it. Although the schedules for which divison a team would play, I think is changed every 3 years, or every other year. Im not sure exactly. I might be way off, but I do know that they switch which division will play which.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Jan 16, 2010

Famousoverdose wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

At first it was going to be Niners vs. Eagles in London but they changed it and I'm glad.

However, is there a year where we don't play the Niners or Bears? No offense but I'm sick of seeing those teams every year

Haha, I doubt it. Although the schedules for which divison a team would play, I think is changed every 3 years, or every other year. Im not sure exactly. I might be way off, but I do know that they switch which division will play which.

The way the schedule's are made, every team within a division (in eagles case, the NFC EAST) will play every team in another division within the same conference (this year it was the NFC SOUTH). This rotates every year so the NFC EAST will not play the entire NFC SOUTH division again until 2012. The next 2 years they will play the entire NFC NORTH(2010) and NFC WEST(2011). In addition to these games, each team will play another team from the other 2 divisions within their conference that finished in the same place within their own division. So, for next year, the eagles schedule will look like this: NYG(2X), DAL(2X), WAS(2X), MIN, CHI, GB, DET, ATL, SF, IND, HOU, TEN, JAX. Given enough research, I could also tell you which games will be played at home and which would be road games.

So to answer his question, if there was going to be a year that the eagles didn't play either the bears or 49ers, it would have been this year. But since the eagles finished 2nd in 2008 and both the bears and 49ers finished 2nd in their divisions last year, the eagles ended up playing BOTH of them this year. The next earlist year that they could have a year where they don't play either would be 2012.

Message Edited by eulogys on 01-16-2010 11:26 AM
No offense to anyone, just stating fact.
Just my $.02 $.01
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (10 Views)
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Jan 16, 2010

JacqaL wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

Famousoverdose wrote:

Im upset this wasnt announced in the Niner thread first. I kid, I kid.

I like the idea of sending the Niners, but I am not excited about losing a home game over this. Did the Broncos lose one?

No, they are the away team.

Maybe it's for the better.  I'm sure the Broncos weren't really jumping the gun at the opportunity to use outdated facilities at Candlestick.  No offense.

We're working on a new stadium...

Isn't the local theme park the reason you don't have one by now?  Great America I believe it's called.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24339 posts

Jan 16, 2010

Destroyer95 wrote:

JacqaL wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

Famousoverdose wrote:

I like the idea of sending the Niners, but I am not excited about losing a home game over this. Did the Broncos lose one?

Maybe it's for the better.  I'm sure the Broncos weren't really jumping the gun at the opportunity to use outdated facilities at Candlestick.  No offense.

Isn't the local theme park the reason you don't have one by now?  Great America I believe it's called.

No idea man.

JacqaL Sig photo JacqaLSig.png
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Jan 16, 2010

JacqaL wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

JacqaL wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

Famousoverdose wrote:

No idea man.

I knew I saw it somewhere.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/09/MN371B14PG.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (10 Views)
0 Likes