Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
28365 posts

Re: AFC Divisional Round Playoffs - Jets @ Chargers

Jan 18, 2010

eagles1990 wrote:

Are you ready?"

"No, San Diego, I said ARE YOU READY?"

"Then, for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching around the world. Let's get ready to suck it!"

Looking back at this post, I never would have thought that Nate Kaeding was ready

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Jan 18, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Couldn't have scripted this any better. Bring it on, boys. 

Be careful what you wish for.

Well, gee. You gotta play someone. It's not so much about being careful what you wish for. I'll take my chances against the team with less offensive weapons and the team mine was on their way to beating before they quit. 

it was only 15-10 before they quit. far from being over.

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
20972 posts

Jan 18, 2010

XrobX wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Well, gee. You gotta play someone. It's not so much about being careful what you wish for. I'll take my chances against the team with less offensive weapons and the team mine was on their way to beating before they quit. 

And the Colts had stopped the Jets and gotten the ball back on offense. I'm certain one more drive and it's 22-10 and we're not looking at a Curtis Painter fumble into the end zone.

But we'll find out next week. I'd rather play the Jets than any other team in the AFC, bar none. Just like the Ravens, I wonder if the Jets offense can keep up with Indy, even given the Jets secondary. The Colts were criticized for playing "dink and dunk" on the Ravens, but I think that plan works against the Jets to. If the Colts are patient on offense, they can limit opportunities for turnovers, and slowly march down the field. It's gonna be boring as hell, but I think the matchup is favorable.

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12008 posts

Jan 18, 2010

Unfortunate for them that they onside kicked. Jets wouldnt have gone for it if they hadnt done it.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Jan 18, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

The Colts were criticized for playing "dink and dunk" on the Ravens, but I think that plan works against the Jets to.

Whatever gets the job done.  The Patriots "dinked and dunked" their way to a Super Bowl victory.  

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Jan 18, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

XrobX wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

And the Colts had stopped the Jets and gotten the ball back on offense. I'm certain one more drive and it's 22-10 and we're not looking at a Curtis Painter fumble into the end zone.

But we'll find out next week. I'd rather play the Jets than any other team in the AFC, bar none. Just like the Ravens, I wonder if the Jets offense can keep up with Indy, even given the Jets secondary. The Colts were criticized for playing "dink and dunk" on the Ravens, but I think that plan works against the Jets to. If the Colts are patient on offense, they can limit opportunities for turnovers, and slowly march down the field. It's gonna be boring as hell, but I think the matchup is favorable.

don't get me wrong, i still think the colts should easily win. they pretty much have a cake walk straight into the superbowl facing the 5th and 6th seeds two teams that most think didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs. there's no reason to think the colts would lose this game...

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Jan 18, 2010
Super Bowl III anybody?  Maybe Sanchez will guarantee a victory.
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Jan 18, 2010

Lets not get it twisted, the Jets secondary is NOT that impressive. What makes their secondary look so impressive is the pressure they get on the QB, their front 7, and their blitzing schemes. First time they played the Colts, they couldn't get too much pressure on Manning.

THAT is the key to how this game turns out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is just gravy. When Jenkins went out and Washington as well, my expectations died. AFC Championship Game? That wasn't my prediction. Win or lose, this is the best season of Jets football I've seen in a veeeerrrryyyyy long time.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!! 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 128 (7 Views)
Limit Breaker
20972 posts

Jan 18, 2010

Destroyer95 wrote:
Super Bowl III anybody?  Maybe Sanchez will guarantee a victory.

There are a lot of reasons to pummel the Jets into submission on Sunday. Super Bowl III is one of them, though I think that'll be much more a media story (I'm certain it will be brought up at least once this week), but what's more important is the 2002 AFC Wild Card game when they were blanked 0-41. A fair amount of guys still on this Colts team that were on that team. And of course we have Week 16. Haha. I'm pretty excited.

Someone on some pregame show was calling Jets/Chargers the AFL Championship Game in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the AFL. It only seems fitting the "AFL Champion" in the 50th anniversary was the Jets, and that they'll be playing the Colts.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 128 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Jan 18, 2010

JacqaL wrote:
If someone would have told me that the Jets would be in the 2009 AFC Champiosnhip Game before the season started, I would have told you to get a drug test.

if someone would have told me the jets would be in the 2009 afc championship game 4 weeks ago i would have told you to get a drug test. jets vs vikings would be a cool SB, favre can get revenge against another former team

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 128 (7 Views)