Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 09 2013
By: Lacarious Ghost of Sparta 17652 posts

Canelo going to knock out Mayweather in Sept

12 replies 153 views Edited May 9, 2013

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9259942/talks-underway-floyd-money-mayweather-jr-face-saul-cane...

I doubt it happens since Canelo is a proven challenger.  mayweather likes to hand pick scrub opponents so he can think he's still a top tier boxer.  dude is done and the moment he faces equal talent, they'll have to bring in a broom to sweep up his crumbled body after he gets destroyed.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Re: Canelo going to knock out Mayweather in Sept

May 10, 2013
I would love to watch Mayweather fight a legitimate contender. I would order the fight for sure. Watched this last fight at BW3 and almost fell asleep it was so lopsidded
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17652 posts

May 10, 2013

that fight was so lame... dude didn't even challenge mayweather or go all out at all.  weak attempt... collecting paychecks...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12034 posts

May 11, 2013
I dont see him fighting anyone that could be competitive. History will forget that he hand picked fighters in a weak era.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17652 posts

May 11, 2013

how sad is that... handpicking your opponents when there are very few elite ones out there.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

May 11, 2013

LOL.. it will  wont happen  he's to striaght forward fighting and his  boxing IQ is to low right now. mayweather jr  will beat the brakes off him if they fough tin september..  One thing  want people want  to see is mayweather jr lose but thing is he is on another level of boxing. These guys to  can't  defend his style of boxing. But he  can defend theirs. he hit that  guy about 60% of the time the guy hit him  18% ,,

Every one say he hand pick  his  selection, no he doesnt  the  fights the number 1 contender to the title. I dont think none of those guys 140-147lbs got what it take  to beat him.. I think the only man that couldve beat him was paul williams  but he is in wheel chair now from bike wreck.

I do think tim bradley has a chance, maybe adrien bruner or broner's..  But doubt he will fight Adrein Broner or w/e his name is

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17652 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

LOL.. it will  wont happen  he's to striaght forward fighting and his  boxing IQ is to low right now. mayweather jr  will beat the brakes off him if they fough tin september..  One thing  want people want  to see is mayweather jr lose but thing is he is on another level of boxing. These guys to  can't  defend his style of boxing. But he  can defend theirs. he hit that  guy about 60% of the time the guy hit him  18% ,,

Every one say he hand pick  his  selection, no he doesnt  the  fights the number 1 contender to the title. I dont think none of those guys 140-147lbs got what it take  to beat him.. I think the only man that couldve beat him was paul williams  but he is in wheel chair now from bike wreck.

I do think tim bradley has a chance, maybe adrien bruner or broner's..  But doubt he will fight Adrein Broner or w/e his name is

hmm... i don't know man, i've seen canelo fight and dude is very smart in there.  of course, may has more experience but in sports... sometimes experience doesn't matter, especially when you're faster and hit harder. 

may wont lose if he continues to pick cupcakes to fight.  i mean... dude fought ricky hatton... one of the most flawed boxers in the history of boxing.  malignaggi could've fought hatton and won easy. 

also check out may's early career and how he never fought any top talent.  he waited until they all got old.  well, now he is getting old and its only a matter of time before you see him hand pick someone only to have a glen johnson moment. 

it seriously is too bad cuz we have missed out on what could have been some epic fights while seeing what happens when may is in a war.  canelo might be the beginnings of that and i for one believe canello will knock him the ... out.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Lacarious wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

hmm... i don't know man, i've seen canelo fight and dude is very smart in there.  of course, may has more experience but in sports... sometimes experience doesn't matter, especially when you're faster and hit harder. 

may wont lose if he continues to pick cupcakes to fight.  i mean... dude fought ricky hatton... one of the most flawed boxers in the history of boxing.  malignaggi could've fought hatton and won easy. 

also check out may's early career and how he never fought any top talent.  he waited until they all got old.  well, now he is getting old and its only a matter of time before you see him hand pick someone only to have a glen johnson moment. 

it seriously is too bad cuz we have missed out on what could have been some epic fights while seeing what happens when may is in a war.  canelo might be the beginnings of that and i for one believe canello will knock him the ... out.

No not  really  mayweather was  on arum  top rank for  half  his career which mean in house fights.  hatton  was  40-0  at the time and  considered better than mayeather jr and got  knock out by mayeather  jr  . mayeather  has fought alot of  great fighters all of them 1 number ranked  or titled higher than him.  YOu have remember he fouht dela hoya at 154lbs at eight he never fought at before and beat him

canelo is good but hasnt fought anyone beyond  trout..  mayweather jr will eat him alive im 100% sure of that. Canelo need to  fight GGG or  chavez jr. petter quillin.  Those guys.  Boxing is thinking man game, if beat him mentally   you pretty much it every time

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17652 posts

May 21, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

No not  really  mayweather was  on arum  top rank for  half  his career which mean in house fights.  hatton  was  40-0  at the time and  considered better than mayeather jr and got  knock out by mayeather  jr  . mayeather  has fought alot of  great fighters all of them 1 number ranked  or titled higher than him.  YOu have remember he fouht dela hoya at 154lbs at eight he never fought at before and beat him

canelo is good but hasnt fought anyone beyond  trout..  mayweather jr will eat him alive im 100% sure of that. Canelo need to  fight GGG or  chavez jr. petter quillin.  Those guys.  Boxing is thinking man game, if beat him mentally   you pretty much it every time

i highly doubt hatton was considered better than any tru top fighter.  dude is seriously flawed.  may fought a lot of great fighters?????  hoya was done when he fought may.  heck... why didn't may fight trinidad after felix beat oscar??  oh, cuz he was not fighting anyone and no one knew who he was at all.  heck, why didn't he give zab judah a rematch?  zab should've won that fight on a DQ by may's camp. 

i agree that canelo should skip may and just fight a real contender in chavez jr.  that dude is going to rule boxing soon enough and a canel/chavez jr. fight would be epic.  it was supposed to happen but chavez couldn't finish that fight and then got busted for burning trees. 

if may beats canelo then i'll give him some props for finally fighting a top opponent.  and if he can beat canelo then he should go after chavez next.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

May 23, 2013

Lacarious wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i highly doubt hatton was considered better than any tru top fighter.  dude is seriously flawed.  may fought a lot of great fighters?????  hoya was done when he fought may.  heck... why didn't may fight trinidad after felix beat oscar??  oh, cuz he was not fighting anyone and no one knew who he was at all.  heck, why didn't he give zab judah a rematch?  zab should've won that fight on a DQ by may's camp. 

i agree that canelo should skip may and just fight a real contender in chavez jr.  that dude is going to rule boxing soon enough and a canel/chavez jr. fight would be epic.  it was supposed to happen but chavez couldn't finish that fight and then got busted for burning trees. 

if may beats canelo then i'll give him some props for finally fighting a top opponent.  and if he can beat canelo then he should go after chavez next.

may jr  was 130lbs when  odh and trinidad fought,  so  it  was not  possible.

judah hit him low and the ref stopped the  fight and corner can check on the fighter in those times,  a fight  broke out, if  anything  the fight wouldve been no contest and  bth fighter lose thier purses.

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (98 Views)
0 Likes