Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Re: LeBron Definitly out of the top NBA players of all time.

Jul 9, 2010

BlueIce5249 wrote:

J_Rell3 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:

XrobX wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

bron makes a personal decision and now he sucks... yeah.... that makes sense... sure it does....

it's the way he did it.

Exactly! If people don't think they had this planned out after Berlin, you're nuts. They've known what was going on since FOREVER. They played everyone and then to top it off Lebron humiliated Cleveland on national TV. You can't even respect that. If he would have just come out and said, "I'm going to Miami"..NO PROBLEM!! But the way he handled it was horrible.

lol @ humiliated Cleveland on TV, I still don't see it that serious just get over it and move on. I'm seeing ppl crying over this S*** in Cleveland ya'll acting like ya'll will NEVER have a good team or player. lmao

If only you knew what it was like. We will NEVER have a good team or player in the near or remotely near future. Shall I run it down for you? All 3 teams are now in a rebuilding phase. And only Gilbert cares about the team he owns. Lerner couldnt give two **bleep**s about the Browns and Dolan isn't willing to spend more than a reese's cup on resigning anyone after we bring them up from the farm system. Why do you think we gave away Cliff Lee and CC?

Lebron leaving is DEATH to Cleveland sports. LeCharles Bentley commented on how hard it is to get players to come to Cleveland. Imagine what it will be like now that we can't even keep the athletes that grow up here?!?!?!

Imagine this - The last time Cleveland won a championship was 1964. My dad wasn't even old enough to remember it!!! Almost 50 years without a championship and now we don't even have a playoff team in site.

lol Still don't mean ya'll won't have a great/fun NBA team in the future....But i think Dan Gilbert made this decision more easier for Lebron to leave. I remember awhile ago i was talking to u about how the Cavs did not make Keys trades and always been scared to make big moves, Now if u look back on it if Amare was with the Cavs the decision to leave wouldn't of been this easy.

Let's face it if he stood in Cleveland what kind of team is he going back to? they didn't improve and i don't think they could of....with how tight the East has gotten they wouldn't of won nothing or even make it to the ECF.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4579 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Lacarious wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

J_Rell3 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:

XrobX wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

bron makes a personal decision and now he sucks... yeah.... that makes sense... sure it does....

it's the way he did it.

Exactly! If people don't think they had this planned out after Berlin, you're nuts. They've known what was going on since FOREVER. They played everyone and then to top it off Lebron humiliated Cleveland on national TV. You can't even respect that. If he would have just come out and said, "I'm going to Miami"..NO PROBLEM!! But the way he handled it was horrible.

lol @ humiliated Cleveland on TV, I still don't see it that serious just get over it and move on. I'm seeing ppl crying over this S*** in Cleveland ya'll acting like ya'll will NEVER have a good team or player. lmao

Cleveland hasn't won anything since 1964 or something. It's obvious they'd want to keep the last great thing the city had......

if bron was the last great thing that city had.... that doesn't speak well for the city.

Noah pretty much summed it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yknlD02cF-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YpXTTPlqcM

lambonewtry
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
878 posts

Jul 9, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Highland-Hammer wrote:

Since LBJ decided to be a sissy and sign in Miami where he wont win any titles because there "Superstar" big man is a *$%&*$ pre madonna and they have to many superstars and will have like 7 Minimium salary players....THEY WILL NOT WIN A RING. Dwight and KG will be TOO much for them. LBJ should have gone to CLE or Chicago. But he took the easy way out which greats like Kobe and MJ wouldn't do. So instead of actually DOING WELL IN THE POST SEASON he will go to a Star Studded team that will CRASH-N-BURN. $%&* LBJ!!!

Put it this way MJ didn't leave Chicago, he had PIPPEN ONLY as a go to guy, and could PREFORM IN THE POSTSEASON. Kobe has FISHER, Shaq (During Late 1990's-Early 2000's) and Pau. NOT MISS. CHRIS BOSH. AND KOBE CAN PREFORM EVERY GAME. So LBJ can't do that and know he is taking the easy way out. Not a good idea.

One minor correction: Shaq had Kobe. Kobe didn't have Shaq. Those were Shaq's teams, it just happened that Kobe panned out. Let's not give young Kobe any more credit than he deserves.

Not only that but lets not forget that like 3 years and 6 months ago Kobe was standing in a parking lot  basically demanding that Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom be traded to upgrade his roster , and if they wouldnt do that then he wanted to be traded... insert a neatly gift wrapped (Pau Gasol for free card here) and they have been to the finals 3 years in a row.

So basically LeBron was in the same exact senario as Kobe but the CAVS didnt have the means to provide him leggitimate help, also clevland is one of the most ungrateful cities of all time. KG pretty much told him dude do whats best for yourself  KG has said that his one career regret was not leaving sooner.

Sony Playstation : $299
Sony Playstation 2 : $299
Sony Playstation 3 : $599

The look on my face if i ever get invited to GAP :smileytongue:riceless
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
878 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Lacarious wrote:

Right ....and I guess that he was suppose to sit around and end up like Barkley, Dominique , or even dare I say it Patrick Ewing he didnt want to be just another hall of fame player that everyone says man he was the best player to ever play the game but he didnt win a championship, followed by well Lamar Odom didnt have the best numbers but he has two rings so he was better imo.....or even worse he could have been the Barry Sanders of basketball always the best player in the league but on a bad team..

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
878 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Lacarious wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:

XrobX wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

it's the way he did it.

conspiracy theory time

if so... can ya blame him?

And what exactly is the differience between this and Olajuwon,Barkley & Drexler they had it kinda planned out also.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8765 posts

Jul 9, 2010

MikeGrim wrote:

So, if he stayed in Cleveland or went to Chicago and never won a title because teams like Boston, Orlando, and Miami outgunned him... Then what? He never gets a ring but at least he doesn't "sissy out" like KG, Allen, Malone (tried), Payton (did), Gasol, etc. etc.? What good is that?

Yes, I'm sure he'll have so many bad nights sleep because you lost respect for him. If he wins a title with Wade and Bosh it won't matter whose team it was, he'll have a ring. KG, Pierce, and Allen don't seem too broken up about how their legacy's will be effected by winning as a team in Boston and not as individuals elsewhere, I don't see Bron or Bosh caring much either.

You're wrong.  But first let me address that Kobe and Shaq thing.  Shaq didn't win UNTIL Kobe panned out.  Kobe was still the closer and initiator of the offense on that team despite Shaq being the best player.  Kobe was the best number 2 of all time and was the number 1 on numerous occassions.  Now that we got that out of the way, when things got tough KOBE NEVER LEFT.  He came back to the Lakers knowing that the Clippers and Bulls had better rosters?  Remember that?  You know why?  Because what would it look like if MJ got tired of losing to Pistons and signed with the Knicks and was like "Pat let's get them."  He would never be looked at the same.  

Furthermore, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG are not LeBron's caliber.  No one ever thought they could be the greatest ever AND they were at the END of their careers,  He joined these guys while in his prime.  All the while Chicago was right there and had he joined he'd be the man and they'd be better than the Heat.  They would be the EC favorite automatically.  But no, he chose to go combine like Voltron to attempt to take the Lakers crown.  Do you think Shaq would've gone to play with Hakeem?  Kobe and T-Mac in their primes?  No.  There is a difference between a supporting cast and a super cast.  Everyone had a supercast in the 80s because there were less teams, but in this era?  It's insanity.  

He can't be MJ now, or Magic, or Bird or Kobe...or even D. Wade.  UNLESS he becomes th clear cut best player on that team and D. Wade starts to fall off and he takes on the most responsibility.  However, I don't blame the guy at all from a rationale standpoint...but I guess he's just not like me...because I would've left Cleveland, but if I'm one of the 5 greatest TALENTs the NBA has ever seen?  There's no way I do this.  No way at all.  

Check out the Sports Illustrated breakdown: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/07/08/lebron.event/index.html?eref=s...

Pure truth.  I told you he's a fraud...now when will you see that Peyton Manning is too?  It's always everyone but his fault.  Regular season legends. 

Wearing the 45
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 63 (14 Views)
Last Guardian
11953 posts

Jul 9, 2010
Alot of talk about Kobe but when things were rough Kobe was looking for trades and one almost happened. If Kobe was in Lebron position he would have left he just wouldnt have gone to Miami.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4321 posts

Jul 9, 2010

I'm still amazed that people actually thought Lebron would win a championship in Cleveland with Mo Williams.  I wonder where you thought Lebron hid his cape...HAHA...like i always say, he's good but he's not that good. 

As for the OP, Bron was never in my list of Top NBA players of all time.  Top Drama Queens of all time, definitely.  There have been, and will be players far better than him...

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3392 posts

Jul 9, 2010

He is now officially"D-Wades Pippen"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 63 (14 Views)
Big Daddy
19011 posts

Jul 9, 2010

J_Rell3 wrote:

lol Still don't mean ya'll won't have a great/fun NBA team in the future....But i think Dan Gilbert made this decision more easier for Lebron to leave. I remember awhile ago i was talking to u about how the Cavs did not make Keys trades and always been scared to make big moves, Now if u look back on it if Amare was with the Cavs the decision to leave wouldn't of been this easy.

Let's face it if he stood in Cleveland what kind of team is he going back to? they didn't improve and i don't think they could of....with how tight the East has gotten they wouldn't of won nothing or even make it to the ECF.

Amare wouldn't have stayed, he said he wouldn't have resigned with Cleveland. And even if he did, his contract would have just screwed the Cavs.

And we would have made it to the finals last year, but Lebron is a quitter. He gave up and threw in the towel before the playoffs even started.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 63 (14 Views)
0 Likes