Gaming Beast
2050 posts

Re: MLB 2012 Season General Discussion Thread

May 4, 2012

Mariano Rivera tore his ACL. Terribly depressing. More depressing than Brian Wilson being shut down for the season despite me being a Giants fab. Love Rivera and he might not ever play again. Not a way to go.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120503&content_id=30328258&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Spoony Bard

Message 11 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2050 posts

May 7, 2012

Phillies' Cole Hamels intentionally hit 19-year-old rookie phenom Bryce Harper (in his 8th big league game) with a pitch, admitted about doing it intentionally, and got suspended. I sort of liked Hamels, too. Shame. Oh well. Glad he got suspended.

Also, Harper returned the favor by STEALING HOME on Hamels. So boss.

In other suspension news, Giants' reliever Guillermo Mota was suspended for 100 games for a positive drug test of some sort. Also a shame, I liked Mota and he was great at eating up innings, though he has started this year off poorly anyway, with an 0-1 record and an ERA above 5.

Guess it's time to call another prospect up (already had to replace Jeremy Affeldt with a lefty after he got hurt). Too bad we had to give up Ramon Ramirez in the Pagan trade.

Also, Matt Cain got screwed out of another win last night (7 IP, 2 ER, 10K) after Casilla gave up a two out run in the 9th to tie the game (though Pagan could be faulted for taking a bad break on the ball and missing the catch that would've ended the game). Giants still won, though, to take the Brewers series, which is nice after getting swept by the Marlins in three heartrending one run losses...

Another game where Cain was robbed of a win -- absorbed 2-1 loss. He has one win on the season, his complete game shut out 1 hitter... but he has Cy Young (early, I know) numbers. Heck, followed that game with 9IP, 0ER and couldn't get a win.

Oh, and Giants/Dodgers starts tonight!

Spoony Bard

Message 12 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30821 posts

May 7, 2012

My respect for Hamels is already as high as it can be because of '08 but adding a few more points onto infinity wouldn't hurt, right?

Sign the man!!!!

Message 13 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12642 posts

May 7, 2012

eagles1990 wrote:

My respect for Hamels is already as high as it can be because of '08 but adding a few more points onto infinity wouldn't hurt, right?

Sign the man!!!!

I would be interested in what you would be saying if the situation was reversed.

Message 14 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30821 posts

May 7, 2012

GatorsDynasty wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

Sign the man!!!!

I would be interested in what you would be saying if the situation was reversed.

1. Of course I'd be upset..... Just like any Nats fan is now
  2. Hamels' intent wasn't to hurt Harper. 
  3. I just like that he had the balls to say he did it on purpose.
  4. Look up the number of times John Lannan has hit Utley and Howard (Including breaking Utley's hand) and compare that to the number of HBP's he had against the rest of the league. There has been bad blood brewing for some time against these teams.
Message 15 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2050 posts

May 8, 2012

If we need any evidence of how upset Iggles might be if the situation was reversed, just go back to last year's thread when he went on a tirade about the Giants being a thuggish, classless organization because Ramon Ramirez intentionally hit a Phillies player (on the small of the back with no intent to hurt him)

Spoony Bard

Message 16 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30821 posts

May 8, 2012

ResidentZoidberg wrote:

If we need any evidence of how upset Iggles might be if the situation was reversed, just go back to last year's thread when he went on a tirade about the Giants being a thuggish, classless organization because Ramon Ramirez intentionally hit a Phillies player (on the small of the back with no intent to hurt him)

My Reviews:

Your douchebag catcher pointlessly tackled Placido Polanco and gave him a hernia

Message 17 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2050 posts

May 8, 2012

eagles1990 wrote:

ResidentZoidberg wrote:

My Reviews:

Your ********* catcher pointlessly tackled Placido Polanco and gave him a hernia

One of two back up catchers from last year (neither are currently with this thuggish, classless organization).

And Polanco (who was not the one hit; rather, he unnecessarily charged in from second base and exacerbated the situation) had a sports hernia. You can't give someone a sports hernia, silly.

Spoony Bard

Message 18 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20659 posts

May 9, 2012
Message 19 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30821 posts

May 10, 2012

Because of Cole Hamels' suspension, I will not get to see Roy Halladay pitch in person this season. Therefor, I will like to recant my previous statement and add that Cole Hamels is a vile human being who deserves to be banned from baseball for life.

Message 20 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes