Jan 20 2010
By: Lacarious Big Daddy 19192 posts

Raiders Adding More Power to Pro Bowl

11 replies 85 views Edited Jan 20, 2010

Raiders are moving on up with yet another solid addition to the pro bowl.  Hopefully this makes up for the overrated yet good Nnamdi.

Go Raiders!  

Message 1 of 12 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
752 posts

Re: Raiders Adding More Power to Pro Bowl

Jan 20, 2010
Thats funny because i've always thought of Asmougha (is that how you spell it) as underrated but i only see him when the raiders plays the broncos so i'm sure you know more.
Message Edited by jimmypage91 on 01-19-2010 11:13 PM
And now for something completely different
Message 2 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Jan 20, 2010

jimmypage91 wrote:
Thats funny because i've always thought of Asmougha (is that how you spell it) as underrated but i only see him when the raiders plays the broncos so i'm sure you know more.

I agree.  People probably think he's overrated because no one ever throws to his side, so his stats aren't as good.  

Message 3 of 12 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19192 posts

Jan 20, 2010

Destroyer95 wrote:

jimmypage91 wrote:

I agree.  People probably think he's overrated because no one ever throws to his side, so his stats aren't as good.  

thats what everyone says... he's not because no one throws to him... yet.... i always see QB's throwing his way... and many times TD's ensue... or 1st downs... or 3rd down conversions.

Message 4 of 12 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Jan 20, 2010

Lacarious wrote:

Destroyer95 wrote:

jimmypage91 wrote:

thats what everyone says... he's not because no one throws to him... yet.... i always see QB's throwing his way... and many times TD's ensue... or 1st downs... or 3rd down conversions.

Is this based on real evidence or are you making things up? Cause I almost never see that happen... Ever...

"The NFL's least targeted cornerback by an extremely wide margin, Asomugha was challenged by opposing quarterbacks only 27 times and allowed 13 completions the entire season."

I guess I have my answer.

PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 5 of 12 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16055 posts

Jan 21, 2010
Dude, why are you dissing your own team? I guess thats how lame Radiers fans are...
Photobucket
Message 6 of 12 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Jan 21, 2010

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=CB&stype=r&runpass=&team...

There ya go. And NO Revis didn't have SIX TD's on him this season :smileyvery-happy: 

Still amazes me that Revis was thrown at 111 times... compared to Nnamdi's 28. It's like opposite ends of the spectrum. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 12 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Jan 21, 2010

Aces15 wrote:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=CB&stype=r&runpass=&team...

There ya go. And NO Revis didn't have SIX TD's on him this season :smileyvery-happy: 

Still amazes me that Revis was thrown at 111 times... compared to Nnamdi's 28. It's like opposite ends of the spectrum. 

Interesting numbers. Good to finally have a site to get these kind of numbers available. It'd appear that while Nnamdi gives up more yards per completions and a higher percentage of passes targetted at him are completed Revis allows more passes to be completed on him overall for more yards overall and is targetted vastly more by QB's. He's also give up more TD's though the number shown here is lower than the one on other sites including wiki.

They are interesting stats.

Still, I take Nnamdi over Reevis. Sure, Nnamdi will give up 11 yards on a pass... But that's the only reception he's likely to give up and those 11 yards are all a team will get the rest of the game (on average). Revis gets hit for about 3 receptions and 30 yards in every game. Reevis gets more INT's, sure, but he also gets 80 more chances to get those picks than Nnamdi does. It's a toss up, I suppose. Statistically you can use stats to go either way, I'd take Nnamdi though. But, next season we'll see how Reevis does and if he can keep this going and become an every-season top level CB.

The site also says statistically Jabari Green, Leon Hall, and DRC are all higher rated CB's so we have to take them with a grain of salt. Not even Lac will argue 13 of the 16 CB's rated above Nnamdi are better... I... hope not anyways.

PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 8 of 12 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19192 posts

Jan 21, 2010

Aces15 wrote:

you aces in my book!  nice find dude!  seriously!

so... it looks like nnamdi's completion percentage is not 50% but 75%.  thrown at 28 times for 21 completions.  I guess he keeps them in front of him?  Or maybe they are usually short yardage throws for first down after first down after first down.  I like how he only has one TD but its not like teams had to light up the raidazzzz.

Looks like teams threw at chris johnson all day.  They stayed away from route and nnamdi but both have 70+ completion percentage.   

Message 9 of 12 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12393 posts

Jan 21, 2010
Lacarious, that has to be some of the worst logic I have seen.

I would take Nnamdi over Revis but to me they are very close.

Also Jabari Greer is a very good corner. I knew that without looking at those stats. The Saints' defense is like night/day when he plays. When he got injured, they literally couldn't stop anyone's passing game(with the exception of the Pats).
BrolyReborn
Message 10 of 12 (83 Views)
0 Likes