Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Re: THE UNOFFICIAL THREAD OF **NHL 2009-2010 SEASON** PRESEASON STARTS TOMORROW

Sep 14, 2009
It feels too early for hockey to start... I'm still watching football 4 days a week.
PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 10 of 1,665 (5 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10950 posts

Sep 14, 2009
Gooooo Pens, I want to be standing at the parade next year, all over again!!!!!

Can't wait til wed to get the game (i have a meeting for work, will be out of town til then)

Lets see if we can go back to back, like 91-92
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
Message 11 of 1,665 (5 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6350 posts

Sep 14, 2009

PieceOfReese wrote:
Gooooo Pens, I want to be standing at the parade next year, all over again!!!!!

Can't wait til wed to get the game (i have a meeting for work, will be out of town til then)

Lets see if we can go back to back, like 91-92
What do you do?

Message 12 of 1,665 (5 Views)
Fender Bender
4372 posts

Sep 14, 2009

As much as I hope for something better, the Sabres didn't really do much to improve in the offseason, so it'll probably be another year of frustration and anxiety right up until the last game to see if they make the playoffs.

I did get tickets to the Sabres v Flyers game on Nov 9th. That's something to look forward to I guess.

Message 13 of 1,665 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1811 posts

Sep 14, 2009
GO Caps! Another year of fun in the ice.
Message 14 of 1,665 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Sep 14, 2009

Sore Red WIngs fan here.  I'm sore, not because the WIngs lost last year.  You can't win them all, even if you are the best team.  What made me sore was the fact the Penguins were so immature in the Finals.  This, to me, made them undeserving.  Crosby hitting players with his stick, Crosby not shaking hands, Pittsburg goons picking fights with Detroit's non-fighters (come on, who starts a fight with Pavel Datsyuk?), etc.  I can take a loss, but not to a team of immature acting "adults".  Crosby is not cpatain material... not yet.  They did win the Cup, but they would have been better off with a vet with poise and class as the leader.  Someone like Lidstrom or Yzerman.  Zetterburg played with more heart than anyone.  Even though he's not the WIngs captain, he's more of a captain than Crosby is.  Captain's have class.

Okay, not let me have it

CPL Z,
US Army

Message 15 of 1,665 (5 Views)
Wastelander
898 posts

Sep 15, 2009

Z02201975 wrote:

Sore Red WIngs fan here.  I'm sore, not because the WIngs lost last year.  You can't win them all, even if you are the best team.  What made me sore was the fact the Penguins were so immature in the Finals.  This, to me, made them undeserving.  Crosby hitting players with his stick, Crosby not shaking hands, Pittsburg goons picking fights with Detroit's non-fighters (come on, who starts a fight with Pavel Datsyuk?), etc.  I can take a loss, but not to a team of immature acting "adults".  Crosby is not cpatain material... not yet.  They did win the Cup, but they would have been better off with a vet with poise and class as the leader.  Someone like Lidstrom or Yzerman.  Zetterburg played with more heart than anyone.  Even though he's not the WIngs captain, he's more of a captain than Crosby is.  Captain's have class.

Okay, not let me have it

I'll agree that some of the stuff the Pens did might have been a little iffy, but they are young.  If your star players are in their early 20's, they're not going to "act like they belong" as well as a team riddled with veterans.  I will disagree about the handshake crap some Wings fans are hanging on to.  There's a YouTube video out there that compares the time taken between the final buzzer and the start of the handshakes from the 08 finals and the 09 finals.  The difference was something like 10 seconds longer for the Pens.  Some of the Wings were too pissed about losing to stick around.  There's your lack of class.  I lost a lot of respect for Kris Draper after he shot his mouth of about the "incident."  To me, it seems like some of the bitter Wings players (and fans for that matter) couldn't handle that they couldn't close the series in the two chances that they had, so they had to cling to something that wasn't even an issue. 

Either way, here's to a new season, hopefully this is finally the year that all the Kings' rebuilding pays off (but I'm not holding my breath).  Also, Z02201975, looking forward to playing some EASHL with you.  Thanks for the add

Message 16 of 1,665 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4310 posts

Re: THE UNOFFICIAL THREAD OF **NHL 2009-2010 SEASON** PRESEASON STARTS TODAY

Sep 15, 2009
Message 17 of 1,665 (5 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6350 posts

Re: THE UNOFFICIAL THREAD OF **NHL 2009-2010 SEASON** PRESEASON STARTS TODAY

Sep 16, 2009
Heck of a comeback for Pittsburgh tonight they kept fighting and got the 5-4 win.
Message 18 of 1,665 (5 Views)
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Sep 16, 2009

Z02201975 wrote:

Okay, not let me have it

Wow, there are SO MANY things wrong with that post.  I'm not going to sit here and argue these same points that have already been argued numerous times all night long, but I will say these few things.

How the HELL is Crosby playing after being hit by Franzen like that not playing with heart?  Take your damn blinders off.
Yeah, Zetterberg plays with TONS of heart, class, and isn't immature at all, that's why he covered the puck up in the crease TWICE.  Both of which were blown penalty shot calls. 
I love how Chelios is FAMOUS for not shaking hands all the time, yet it's the end of the world when Crosby simply gets caught up in the moment.  
Yeah, Crosby is immature and has no class, that's why the only hat he ever wears was given to him by a CANCER PATIENT, and he PERSONALLY delivers season tickets to holders year after year.
Lastly... 
Just give it up already...Christ, you have 11 other rings to rock you to sleep at night, the Penguins have 3.  Just let us have this one, damn.  All I've been hearing since June is constant whining and hilarious attempts to downplay the Penguins' Cup victory.

Give me a damn break.  Smiley Indifferent 
Message Edited by Destroyer95 on 09-15-2009 11:17 PM
Message 19 of 1,665 (5 Views)