Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2785 posts

Re: Who watched the USA vs Ghana game?

Jun 27, 2010

Xajen1 wrote:

It is not, you don't understand what I'm saying. This is only my belief but I think it's wrong to play for the U.S. or Canada instead of the origin of your bloodline. Almost every player on the U.S. team is obviously European and should be playing for the countries from which their bloodlines originate unless they're the descendants of early Americans.

By that I mean, ol' Johnny Johnson should be playing for the U.S. team and Frederico Fernandez should show some respect to Spain and play for them.

^^ he has a point. I always root for Mexico even though I was born here. Too bad we got owned today.

but it's ultimately up to the player to play for the country they feel they belong to. You shouldn't be blaming the sport though. The fact that the US might win at American football instead doesn't change the fact that they're not the best "soccer" players. Give credit where it's due.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 41 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7362 posts

Jun 27, 2010

We might have lost, but I take it as a sign of pride that while all these other team's players fake "injuries" get taken off the field, then stand right back up, the U.S. doesn't stoop down to their level.  What pisses me off is that there were many calls that got called against us that had little evidence but when he had calls going for  us there was usually a great amount of evidence supporting the foul.  I still say though that one ref from Mali was the worst though.  Here's hoping Obama invades Mali

Message 42 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Jun 28, 2010

bravebraveSrobin wrote:

We might have lost, but I take it as a sign of pride that while all these other team's players fake "injuries" get taken off the field, then stand right back up, the U.S. doesn't stoop down to their level.  What pisses me off is that there were many calls that got called against us that had little evidence but when he had calls going for  us there was usually a great amount of evidence supporting the foul.  I still say though that one ref from Mali was the worst though.  Here's hoping Obama invades Mali

They need to card people for that BS.

Game over man... Game over!
Message 43 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

Jun 28, 2010

Xajen1 wrote:

Outlaw2594 wrote:

Xajen1 wrote:

iLestMercredi wrote:

Xajen1 wrote:

I'm not really interested in Football but I've heard recently that the U.S. team is composed of recently recruited EU players. If that's the case, the U.S. doesn't deserve to win. I'd prefer see a country purely of their own take the cup.

It must have some truth to it, I'm surprised a country that calls it Soccer made it this far...

All american born. Too good for the US professional league. So, they went to europe. So in that sense. the Euro pro leagues should be discredited because they recruited foreign born players according to your logic.

Also the best player, Landon Donovan, Is american born and plays for the US pro league.

American born doesn't cut their directly European bloodlines.

ur logic is completely flawed... if your good u play in the english premier league or la liga.... the fact that usa players are on those teams are merely proof that they are good

It is not, you don't understand what I'm saying. This is only my belief but I think it's wrong to play for the U.S. or Canada instead of the origin of your bloodline. Almost every player on the U.S. team is obviously European and should be playing for the countries from which their bloodlines originate unless they're the descendants of early Americans.

By that I mean, ol' Johnny Johnson should be playing for the U.S. team and Frederico Fernandez should show some respect to Spain and play for them.

Going by that logic they should all play for an african nation. They have bloodlines in europe, that's a bad reason to play for them. They chose to play where they were BORN and RAISED. If you don't like that too bad.

"Now you'll see what will be blinded eyes to see."

Get your Portable ID!

"Now you'll see what will be, blinded eyes to see."
Message 44 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jun 28, 2010

TotalSNAFU wrote:
Going by that logic they should all play for an african nation. They have bloodlines in europe, that's a bad reason to play for them. They chose to play where they were BORN and RAISED. If you don't like that too bad.

Agreed. If you're born and raised in whatever country that you are born and raised in, that should be the first country on your list to choose from. It's where you grew up, it's the country that made you, you. If those players were born and raised in a different country, or the country of their origin, who knows, they might not even be athletes.

You play for whatever place you call a home. That's my belief anyways.

Photobucket

Message 45 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
654 posts

Jun 28, 2010

It would be hilarious if you had to do everything based upon your ancestry and heritage. Half of my friends would end up moving to Mexico, and probably take the traditional route and try to get back in the US, and I'd probably end up joining the IRA.

Photobucket
Message 46 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1320 posts

Jun 28, 2010

I watched the USA vs Ghana game and after Ghana scored the goal in the compensation time, Ghana was just wasting time by either passing the ball among themselves or just fallying and laying flat for a couple of minutes then after they wasted precious time they will get up and start playing again. I really hoped that US vs Ghana was decided by a penalty shootout. But what happened to the US defence that stopped Spain from scoring goals and made it difficult for Brazil to score a goal in the first half in the past Confederations Cup? That kind of defense could of surely had Ghana praying for a goal, but oh well hopefully US has a strong defense next world cup.

DesertFoxNight

Message 47 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21284 posts

Jun 28, 2010

Goodness. This is a monumental topic. Xajen1 has managed to piece together the absolute worst argument in sports history. I'm trying to think of one that's close, but this is more inane than Russell/Chamberlain revisionists, people trying to explain why so and so didn't use steroids, and Caver repeatedly attempting to prove to me why the Patriots are better than the Colts even after they lose to the Colts.

What's most faulty about this argument is there's clearly a bias towards the United States, because equally a part of this incredibly inept logic, Brazil's national team should be disbanded and sent to play for Portgual. And the rest of South America play for Spain. Because you know, they're all borrowing "recently" imported Europeans as well and should be held for the same level of contempt that the United States is for having the audacity to only use players that were actually born in said country. But I don't see that level of fervor. Also, there's apparently no expiration date on "recent" considering there are players on this side of the world who have had their ancestors live in that nation for to 300-400 years. Americans included. After that long, you are no more British than any Frenchman.

Message 48 of 56 (11 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Jun 28, 2010

if you want to get technical about it, all human life began in southern africa and then migrated to the rest of the world, so by Xajen1's logic every human being should be playing for africa since that's where everyone's bloodline runs back to.

worst argument ever

Message 49 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1320 posts

Jun 28, 2010

XrobX wrote:

if you want to get technical about it, all human life began in southern africa and then migrated to the rest of the world, so by Xajen1's logic every human being should be playing for africa since that's where everyone's bloodline runs back to.

worst argument ever

Yeah, and maybe now Ghana would have a better chance in winning the world cup.

DesertFoxNight

Message 50 of 56 (11 Views)
0 Likes