Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 21 2011
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7583 posts

Any Hope For Star Wars: The Old Republic Coming To The PS3?

8 replies 11851 views Edited Dec 21, 2011

I realize TOR is a huge game but the PS3 has proven that it can handle Big MMORPG's in the past. Well I mean it wuz suppose to get FFXIV but then it sort of got delayed until whenever. Bottomline even just a dumbed down version of TOR would be so awesome. I have a PC but it has a very low graphics card. It simply could never handle it thats why I bought my PS3 so I could play games and not have to spend money making my computer a gaming machine. I am a HUGE fan of the TOR games and would be so happy to play the MMO of TOR but can't cause it's PC Exclusive. Who else wants to see OR of PS3?

Message 1 of 9 (11,851 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Re: Any Hope For Star Wars: The Old Republic Coming To The PS3?

Jan 4, 2012

I would like to see it, but I am not holding my breath. It is unfortunate, as there has been quite a bit of love for DCUO.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 2 of 9 (11,851 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

May 10, 2012

Dark_arc wrote:

I would like to see it, but I am not holding my breath. It is unfortunate, as there has been quite a bit of love for DCUO.

Figures the PS3 finally gets a MMO and it's sum retarded super heroes game.

Message 3 of 9 (11,851 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 27, 2012

Star Wars the Old Republic, as much as I hate to say, will not be coming to the PS3 or any console. The Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic, ect. are strictly games for the PC. I have no idea why Bioware is doing that but the only reason I can think of is that the Old Republic games have so much to them that only a PC can handle if it was set to console alot of the stuff would be cut out. I have to reasearch this a little bit more but from the little bit that Ia m gathering that is only one of the reasons. I would love to see it on console but oh well. At least we have Battlefront 3 to look forward to!

Message 4 of 9 (11,851 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1386 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Wouldn't be a bad addition, but I doubt it will happen at this point in time.

Report cheaters! http://np.us.playstation.com/

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595

Beachbody P90X Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgZZE_2WhA

Beachbody TurboFire Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdeHSuxe7zM
Message 5 of 9 (11,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Star Wars: The Old Republic is not a revolutionary title, but Bioware has made great efforts to enrich the genre, at least in terms of atmosphere and history.

Message 6 of 9 (11,510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 20, 2013

i know i would it would be way easyer and more comfy and my comp sucks they should really make a ps3 version of star wars the old republic

Message 7 of 9 (5,980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 5, 2013

It would be nice, but no it won't. I would rather get KOTOR3 anyway, even though that one will never happen either.

Message 8 of 9 (5,603 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I played TOR, and I liked it. I am in the same hole as you though, and the lag just meant PvP was not an option. On PS3 it would be cool, but think for a moment, BioWare AND EA run it, mix in post George Lucas era LucasArts and BOOM! Terrible running done by the company. It simply will not come to us even on the PS4. I am not an optimist, I know, but I am realistic. The PS4 could handle it, but the owners are idiots tbh. I got screwed over so many times by the website, trial, price, subscription, F2P program, customer service, etc. It is a shame, since it was a good game, and an amazing concept! The problem is that it was squandered by EA's money grubbing, BioWare's inorganization, and Post George LucasArts' pushoverness. I just hope that they fix the online one, and then bring it to PS4. 

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 9 of 9 (5,176 Views)
0 Likes