Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 22 2011
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7572 posts

Are Star Wars: Battlefront 2's Online Servers Still Active?

3 replies 2479 views Edited Aug 22, 2011

Prob a dumb question to ask but I just figured I ask anyway as I'm about to buy a copy of Battlefront 2 for my 80 Gig PS3. Seeing how Battlefront 3 will never see the light of day I decided to just play Battlefront 2 agen. I would be insanely happy if this game is still being supported online. Anyone know if it is or isn't?

Message 1 of 4 (2,479 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Re: Are Star Wars: Battlefront 2's Online Servers Still Active?

Sep 25, 2011

Surprisingly, yes.  I don't know how many people as I have not checked in a while, but there are still sites commited heavily to the game online!  And, yes, I'm talking about the PS2 version!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add me on PSN if you want to play Starhawk or Twisted Metal!

Also add me on Steam: The Almighty TaDaryl (I may change names, so beware)
Message 2 of 4 (2,479 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7572 posts

Sep 29, 2011

GeneralChaz9 wrote:

Surprisingly, yes.  I don't know how many people as I have not checked in a while, but there are still sites commited heavily to the game online!  And, yes, I'm talking about the PS2 version!

Boulevard of Broken Dreams(Live) by Green Day from Bullet in a Bible

No way! Ah man I gotta pik me up a copy of Battlefront 2. I assume you can play it on your PS3 with it's built in Wi-Fi?

Message 3 of 4 (2,479 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Oct 28, 2011

chickenbonetom wrote:

GeneralChaz9 wrote:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams(Live) by Green Day from Bullet in a Bible

No way! Ah man I gotta pik me up a copy of Battlefront 2. I assume you can play it on your PS3 with it's built in Wi-Fi?

Photobucket

I would do some research on the functionality before I purchase it if I were you. I haven't seen any ps2 game that plays on a PS3, even the 80gig, without some loss in functionality. I understand that the 80s could run single player games with no real problems, but multi online would require a network adapter, and I am not sure that there is a similar functionality for that in the PS3, as silly as that sounds. I believe that there is a download on the store that allows the older network adapter functions to work on PS3, but again, it isn't a bad idea to look up a loss of compatibility list.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 4 of 4 (2,479 Views)
0 Likes