Sep 15 2012
By: StanPerfect Monster Hunter 41 posts

BattleFront III looks terrible...

6 replies 445 views Edited Sep 15, 2012

Just found a vid for BattleFront 3. I hear that development has ceased and from what I saw, this is a good thing. LucasArts will be making a huge mistake if this game hits the market. I take back everything I said in my previous post about pre-ordering this game. I'll buy it used for 19.99 or something. It's not hard, combine BattleFront 1 + 2 with HD graphics and have ground and aerial combat together. Don't shift the third person view to the left like all of the current third person shooters are these days. Don't developers know of something called parallax error. It is the one thing that makes Splinter Cell stand out as the best third person shooter.

If you got anything from me, it's to find your thing and do you.
Message 1 of 7 (445 Views)
PlayStation MVP
363 posts

Re: BattleFront III looks terrible...

Oct 20, 2012

really dude? do you actually think that footage is the final version? it was in ALPHA stage, it wasn't even ready, besides, the footage you probably saw was 4-5 years old! you won't be able to buy it used because it doesn't exist at all!

Message 2 of 7 (410 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Nov 24, 2012

First, i want to point out that as the above poster says..it was ALPHA footage...footage that no one was supposed to see. Things would have been improved. If you don't believe me look at the Sly Cooper 4 E3 2011 footage, Sly looks really bad quality wheras the final versio nof him looks really good.

Second, the coding to shift ground and areial combat to gether could have been difficult and complex, you don't know.

As to regard of the camera shift..I'd rather not have my character take up the center of the screen where I want to see who or what is ahead of me so I can then easily aim. Furthermore, I laugh at you calling Splinter Cell a Third Person Shooter..it is a tactical espionage game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Design Graduate - UCS class of 2012.
Waiting for: Sly Cooper 4, R&C: Q-Force, Sim City, Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs
Message 3 of 7 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Dec 2, 2012
i think they should just release what they currently have, supposedly all the bugs were on xbox so release what they have on ps3 and then with the profits from the sales they fix the xbox version and also make a few patches, im sure it would sell
Message 4 of 7 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Yes, No, and I know...
Message 5 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 4, 2013
I am a software developer. I do know. The footage was of a fighter lifting of from a ground platform and had the targeting reticle so... The game was in the alpha stage but on the verge of moving to beta when the project was cancelled. And I don't want the character to be in the center, but maybe something like Red Dead Redemption.
Message 6 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2531 posts

Mar 4, 2013

StanPerfect wrote:
Yes, No, and I know...

What does this mean? :smileyindifferent:

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 7 of 7 (259 Views)