Bioware just published the tentative patch notes for the update 1.1 of Star Wars: The Old Republic, that is hitting the public test server and will probably be uploaded on the Live servers quite soon.
The scope of the improvements, fixes and changes (and the numbering) definitely classifies it as the first major patch since the game was released.
On top of a very satisfying number of bug fixes, the update includes the new level 50 flashpoint (a miniraid to be faced with a group of 4 people) Kaon Under Siege, four new bosses to be defeated in the Operation (a full fledged raid) Karagga’s Palace, native AntiAliasing, a new tier for PvP Warzones accessible only to level 50 players and a bunch of refreshing changes to the faction vs faction PvP on Ilum.
Those that were worried about the ability of Bioware to provide new endgame content at a steady pace and to fix the relatively few issues affecting the game, might now be able to feel a bit more at ease. You can read the full patch notes below.
Star Wars: The Old Republic – Game Update 1.1 P
- Anti-aliasing is now available and can be enabled in the preferences menu.
Classes and CombatGeneral
- Healing caused by crowd control abilities no longer generates threat.
- Tooltips for abilities modified by skill points now display correct damage values.
- This ability now transfers to a new friendly target without requiring deactivation on the previous target.
- Activating this ability while targeting a guarded or invalid target will still toggle the Guard ability off.
- A distinct visual effect is now present on characters using Guard on another character, and another effect is now present on the guarded character
if they leave Guard’s range.
- A new visual effect has been added to the user and the target of the Taunt ability for the duration of its effect.
- Project: This ability no longer shakes the screen of onlookers.
- Battle Readiness: Now allows Combat Technique to trigger once every 3 seconds.
- Combat Technique: Healing received through Combat Technique has been increased, scales properly at higher levels, and can only be triggered once every 4.5 seconds.
- Slow Time: This ability’s damage has been increased by 15% and it now slows the movement speed of all affected targets.
- Force Leap: This ability no longer functions on Portable Holo Dancers.
- Dark Charge: Healing received through Dark Charge has been increased, scales properly at higher levels, and can only be triggered once every 4.5 seconds.
- Overcharge Saber: Now allows Dark Charge to trigger once every 3 seconds.
- Wither: Damage has been increased by 15% and it now slows the movement speed of all affected targets.
- Intercede: This ability no longer functions on Portable Holo Dancers.
- Shatter: this ability’s tooltip now correctly reflects its damage; damage from this ability has not been adjusted.
Imperial AgentBug Fixes
- Corrected an issue where activating cover, using Explosive Probe, and then using Snipe could cause Snipe to be interrupted.
- Incendiary Missile: This ability is no longer misclassified as an Area of Effect ability.
- C2-N2 and 2V-R8 no longer vocalize crafting commentary during combat.
- The Carbonized Stream companion ability no longer breaks prematurely.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.
- Companions will now sell trash items when requested, regardless of group size.
- Companion healing abilities no longer apply a permanent green effect on the character.
- Fixed an issue that caused Companion Characters to sometimes have the incorrect appearance in cinematics.
Crew SkillsBug Fixes
- Corrected an issue that prevented recently completed Crew Skill missions from showing up in the next list of available missions.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Crew Skills a character didn’t have to appear in the Crew Skills window.
- Players can no longer loot harvesting nodes they do not have the appropriate Crew Skill for after a group member harvests (but does not loot) a node.
Flashpoints and OperationsGeneral
- A new level 50 Flashpoint, Kaon Under Siege, is now available for play in Normal and Hard Modes!
- The Gav Daragon and the Ziost Shadow have been expanded to accommodate the Kaon Under Siege gateway.
- The difficulty of some non-boss enemies in Flashpoints has been adjusted.
- Enemies now drop credits more frequently in Flashpoints.