Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Re: Major SWBF 3 News!

May 21, 2010

This post is now on several websites, including battlefront3.net.  I really hope this is the  reveal of Battlefront 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add me on PSN if you want to play Starhawk or Twisted Metal!

Also add me on Steam: The Almighty TaDaryl (I may change names, so beware)
Message 11 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

May 21, 2010

It's gone up on G4tv.com also. I sent a tip into Joystiq about it but apparently they decided to ignore it. If G4 posted it though, I'm 99.99% sure this is legit. We're gong to see Battlefront 3 @ E3! 

Get your Portable ID!
http://the-drumbum.blogspot.com/2010/05/e3-2010.html#comments
Message 12 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

May 21, 2010

I've been trolling all the sites and blogs and forums over the past year or so but have reserved to comment until now. This journey has been a long and tedious one...waiting for swbf3. So many hopes have been repeatedley dashed and I am left feeling much frustration and resentment towards Lucasarts for holding back on the most popular SW game while feeding us childish games like Legos, damn. Many are seeing this upcomming E3 as LA's last chance to announce swbf3 before all hope is lost. Personally, I am discouraged with the news of Slant6 developing this game. I don't feel like socom comes anywhere near the BF series, technically speaking. Does socom have the full range of ground and aircraft battles on huge maps? No, so I don't feel like this company has the experience and knowhow to deliver a worthy next-gen BF3. And news that it will be an online only game really pisses me off. Not everyone has the internet and even when I do I still prefer to play against the AI instead of playing with cheaters and annoying little kids who can't shut up. The offline modes of this game (which includes splitscreen) are a saving grace IMO and would hate to see that aspect of gaming (in general) get neglected. Plus, socom is a TPS and if they don't include a first person view for swbf3 then I will shoot someone repeatedly. As far as what I'd like to see in 3? Bigger, more detailed maps covering all the major areas and planets and eras from the entire trilogy. The ability to swap weapons or at least be able to change classes at any CP like you could in the last games. Also, and I may be wrong about this so correct me if I am but I would like it when I'm playing offline conquest mode for the opposing side to select the highest scoring AI character to also earn the ability to become a jedi/hero/sith so I can fight against Grievous as Obi wan...because from what I remember the only way for two special characters to go head to head in a battle is when a friend is playing splitscreen and we both earn special characters. Those are some of the funnest moments that we can relive in this game so it would be nice if that were possible while playing alone. That's all I can think of right now.

Message 13 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

May 27, 2010

Wow CHEEZITS-CHRIST, that was one of the longest posts I have ever read.  If Star Wars Battlefront 3 isn't announced this year, I won't lose hope.  Lucasarts will be forced to by fans.  What I mean by that, the fans of Battlefront games are going to annoy the heck out of Lucasarts until they finally cave and assign the game to a company to make.  Plus, Lucasarts has a different manager so now he might make the decision to make Battlefront 3.  If it isn't shown at E3, they should at least tell us if they are going to make it or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add me on PSN if you want to play Starhawk or Twisted Metal!

Also add me on Steam: The Almighty TaDaryl (I may change names, so beware)
Message 14 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3029 posts

May 28, 2010

GeneralChaz9 wrote:

Wow CHEEZITS-CHRIST, that was one of the longest posts I have ever read.  If Star Wars Battlefront 3 isn't announced this year, I won't lose hope.  Lucasarts will be forced to by fans.  What I mean by that, the fans of Battlefront games are going to annoy the heck out of Lucasarts until they finally cave and assign the game to a company to make.  Plus, Lucasarts has a different manager so now he might make the decision to make Battlefront 3.  If it isn't shown at E3, they should at least tell us if they are going to make it or not.

You haven't seen anything, yet.

And this thread find looks very promising, hopefully we will get official information at E3.

Message 15 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
912 posts

May 28, 2010

yeah ive seen people write posts that are like 3 times that

rush_27
Message 16 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
955 posts

May 31, 2010

It would be great if E3 offered some insight on the rumors/news on BF3. Like everyone here, I also have been wanting another BF that wasn't limited to the PSP. I love(d) the BF experience of playing with friends and/or online. What they did with the last BF:ES was something I personally have wanted since the very first BF. The idea of battling in space and flying down to the surface was great! Let's hope to see some news instead of rumors for now on!

Message 17 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Jun 6, 2010
Best we save all speculation for after E3. Hopefully information is released there.
" Life's tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid " - John Wayne, "The Duke" Photobucket
;If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 18 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Jun 8, 2010

I've been wanting a Battlefront 3 forever. I hope it gets revealed at E3, it's long over due.

Message 19 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Jun 8, 2010

Just a week away until E3. I will be paying close attention to any Lucasarts announcements regarding BF3, although I think they are going to only focus on FU2 and monkey island. Wouldn't it be sick though if when FU2 comes out it includes a short demo of a SP level from BF3? Heavens to Betsy, announce this game already LA.... and if you can't get a third party developer to make it then you should man-up and develop it yourselves in-house.... you owe us that much!

Message 20 of 54 (24 Views)
0 Likes