Fender Bender
3132 posts

Re: Major SWBF 3 News!

Oct 26, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

Seventy_X_Seven wrote:

I remember hearing somewhere that they are going to re-release all six Star Wars episodes in theaters again with improved visuals and effects and in 3-D in the upcoming year or two. If that's the case then there might be good reason for them to finally release a Battlefront III or something good in the franchise.

Interesting Link

Perhaps LA is simply waiting for more attention to be drawn to SW  before releasing the next big Battlefront.

"xpect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016."

What? A rumor about a new trilogy to be release after another remaster in 2015-2016? Didn't LA say that eps 1-3 were the last of the live action movies? Also, BF3 to be expected with the remastered movies, in 2015-2016? We're not even in 2011 yet, I don't expect to see anything in rumors that are set for that far into the future. It's hard enough for rummors to get the facts correct within only a couple of months, let alone years.

Nope, I've pretty much given up on the idea of a BF3 at this point. Personally I don't actually blame LA, since they actually tried with Free Radical and everyone else seems to refuse to develop the game after FR died and took the beta ready BF3 with them. Besides, I actually enjoyed The Force Unleashed, and look forward to 2. If LA would just spend more time focusing on games with a combined solid story and gameplay like TFU, BF2, and Bounty Hunter then I'd be quite content, even if we never saw a BF3.

No, the remastered trilogy will be complete in 2015-2016, meaning that's when Ep. 6 will release again. A New Hope will be coming around 2012, which I think is when they are waiting to release BFIII.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 51 of 54 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Oct 28, 2010

maybe next year at E3 they will show SWBF3

Photobucket
Message 52 of 54 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 12, 2010

With such a large fanbase, it is incredably foolish that no one has finished the job yet. Lucasarts should have made this a priority for the next-gen consoles a long time ago, instead of all of those awful action/children Star Wars games they put out instead. They are practically guaranteed a huge hit, but keep shoveling out these awfully mediocre games instead. Haven't they realized that their fanbase is 30-50 years old right now and crave a game for adults?

Message 53 of 54 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
592 posts

Dec 13, 2010

We mine as well just forget this. Battlefront 3 is dead. LucasArts **bleep**ed up. 

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda
Message 54 of 54 (31 Views)
0 Likes