Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 30 2012
By: P3arl_jam-luvrs First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Star Wars Legos for PS3 did my son delete his game?

4 replies 1137 views Edited Jun 30, 2012

My two sons have been playing Star Wars Legos since Christmas.  They have been using the same game throughout.  They had bought/earned all but 3 characters and almost completed the entire game.  However, this morning I guess that my youngest son went in and loaded "New game" instead of "Load game" and now the old game seems to be gone.

Please, please, please someone tell me it isn't true.   I tried turning the system off, then hitting load game to see if both games were there to choose from.   They were not, only the new game with no progress etc.

Can anyone help me?  We are desperate.  Tears are flowing.  :smileysad:

Message 1 of 5 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!! Star Wars Legos for PS3 did my son delete his game?

Jun 30, 2012

Does the Lego Star Wars game have an auto-save function or manual? If auto, it sounds as if your young one might have accidentally overwritten progress of the old save (if that's how progress is written - one save at a time).

The only thing you could probably do would be to replay the game from the beginning. Are these games so long that it would take another half-a-year to earn as much as you had before?

This being a cooperative title, doing so would give them more to do together, even if they're going through all the same motions again. Once a save is lost, it's gone for good. There are ways to back them up, copy, or even create multi save files with games. It all depends on how you manage them and if you have the equipment to say backup your saves to an external USB device.

Message 2 of 5 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1776 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Well unless you have made a backup somewhere, it sounds as if youve lost it all my friend, all you could do like the post above said is replay the whole game, or just get a savefile usually form gamefaqs and keep on from there

Message 3 of 5 (1,133 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I think you are right.  Dang.  Thanks for replying.  :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 5 (1,123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Thank you for replying.  You are most likely correct. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes