Aug 02 2010
By: tornado1234 First Son 25 posts

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Gameplay?

19 replies 60 views Edited Aug 2, 2010

I don't know if this is real but watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j81I_-uaOqg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7824 posts

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 Gameplay?

Aug 2, 2010

lol, half a second into the vid and I knew exactly what it was.

Yes, that video is real. However, it is footage from the development of BF3 by Free Radical. During the development of the game Free Radical was hit by the world wide economy crash and thus went out of business, and they took their work on BF3 with them.

The current state of BF3 is unknown as LucasArts has shown no interest in restarting the development of the game, and no developer has claimed ownership of the title.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Aug 5, 2010

this is so old

SUPPORT THE CHANGE: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/change-your-playstation-network-id/sig1
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2907 posts

Oct 29, 2010

pjm45 wrote:

this is so old

I know right? I remember my bro showing me this a long long time ago... in a very far galaxy

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2725 posts

Oct 30, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

lol, half a second into the vid and I knew exactly what it was.

Yes, that video is real. However, it is footage from the development of BF3 by Free Radical. During the development of the game Free Radical was hit by the world wide economy crash and thus went out of business, and they took their work on BF3 with them.

The current state of BF3 is unknown as LucasArts has shown no interest in restarting the development of the game, and no developer has claimed ownership of the title.

Slant Six games is rumored to be working on it, but if they did they would mess it up just like with SOCOM FTB3 and Confrontation. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7824 posts

Oct 31, 2010

mariofan09 wrote:

Slant Six games is rumored to be working on it, but if they did they would mess it up just like with SOCOM FTB3 and Confrontation. 

Slant Six is rumored to be making Battlefront: Online. Which I seriously hope LA is not trying to pass off as BF3. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and Star Wars games because of the stories, if LA tries to pull an online only shooter I'm not likely to buy it. It's mainly the story of BF2 that makes me like it more then the first, I loved going through story mode and getting a huge amount of background information on the Clones during the two major wars of the Rise of the Empire and Rebellion eras.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2725 posts

Nov 1, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

mariofan09 wrote:

Slant Six is rumored to be making Battlefront: Online. Which I seriously hope LA is not trying to pass off as BF3. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and Star Wars games because of the stories, if LA tries to pull an online only shooter I'm not likely to buy it. It's mainly the story of BF2 that makes me like it more then the first, I loved going through story mode and getting a huge amount of background information on the Clones during the two major wars of the Rise of the Empire and Rebellion eras.

Lucasarts needs a BLOCKBUSTER hit to show people it is not a second rate gaming company ( like Vicarious Visions ) The Battlefront 3 footage looked gorgeous and I think LA could make a name for themselves if they can release BF3 for the next gen consoles.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7824 posts

Nov 1, 2010

mariofan09 wrote:

Lucasarts needs a BLOCKBUSTER hit to show people it is not a second rate gaming company ( like Vicarious Visions ) The Battlefront 3 footage looked gorgeous and I think LA could make a name for themselves if they can release BF3 for the next gen consoles.

Yes, the footage was awesome. But that footage and game are long dead and gone. It's already been confirmed by both LA and Free Radical that all of the work that was done on BF3 and the technology that allowed for seamless ground to space flight died with Free Radical.

As for the need for a blockbuster hit, you're correct, but I personally don't see Battlefront: Online as even having the potential of doing that. What they need to do is build a game with a solid story and campaign mode that's at the very least equal to the quality of BF2, then improve upon the gameplay from BF1 and boost the graphics quality to contend with all the other games currently being released. Fre Radical's work on BF3 was an amazing attempt at this, but sadly they never had the opportunity to finnish it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Nov 2, 2010

Man this footage is old lol, but yeh if Slant Six is picking up to make Battlefront 3 they have alot to prove. But if it is being made by then it might be a PS3 Exclusive since their work has been on the Sony Platforms. But they have to prove themselves alot since their Socom work is not that great. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2725 posts

Nov 4, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

mariofan09 wrote:

Yes, the footage was awesome. But that footage and game are long dead and gone. It's already been confirmed by both LA and Free Radical that all of the work that was done on BF3 and the technology that allowed for seamless ground to space flight died with Free Radical.

As for the need for a blockbuster hit, you're correct, but I personally don't see Battlefront: Online as even having the potential of doing that. What they need to do is build a game with a solid story and campaign mode that's at the very least equal to the quality of BF2, then improve upon the gameplay from BF1 and boost the graphics quality to contend with all the other games currently being released. Fre Radical's work on BF3 was an amazing attempt at this, but sadly they never had the opportunity to finnish it.

The technology did not die. There was a stripped down version of the tech in Elite Squadron, but the old footage looked like it flew into space without the push of a button and it looked really smooth. It can still be pulled off with a little effort.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes