Jan 18 2010
By: shadowfang1 First Son 3 posts

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron (Good or Not?)

17 replies 793 views Edited Jan 18, 2010

I was wondering, after checking some gameplay vids if SWES is a good game? it seems good but ofc it looks like it would hav hardly anyone online. if someone could please tell me the amount of people average? or any infomation about the game, or recommend a diffrent populated online game, i already hav fifa10, KZL, Socomftb2,Mohh2,R:R

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron (Good or Not?)

Jan 18, 2010
I've played the demo and i would recomend it. I wonder what the online gameplay would be like.
When I come, Epic Fail Guy is near.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Jan 18, 2010
 i prefer rs in es there is lag in the game play even if you are not online the online is the same for both usually one or two full server and a few partial servers
There is no I in team...but there is in win victory and champion
"but your too callow to believe that death's inevitable" - Me
You just lost the game
(+.-:-) = kewl
( )
(+.=-:-)
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jan 18, 2010

I owned Renegade Squadron and I'm, sorry but Elite Squadron just kills it online, even with the lag. You get used to it really. After a while the lag feels like it's gone. Even RS had some lag. Offline ES has no lag that I can see. Maybe it's there but I just don't notice it.

The online gameplay in ES is similar to RS in every way and feels the same but since ES has you transition to space and ground battles all in one map, RS just doesn't feel the same or as deep anymore because of this. EVERY online match in ES feels epic in scale.

Now, both games have hackers and hackers have really killed Rogue Squadron for me. People with every weapon and invincible just isn't fun. Elite Squadron has hackers too but they can't hack invincibility. So one round of a sniper rifle kills those fools quick.

I've been playing ES for a few days now, online and off and it has far surpassed RS in every way. It's now my most played and favorite PSP game. The servers are always full bith dedicated and user hosted. I'd easily recommend the game to anyone who loves Star Wars or just loves good online battles. Run around on the ground, jump into a fighter, fly in the sky, pull up and fly into outerspace, do some dog-fighting there, land on a captial ship, damage it's core and jump into an escape pod before it explodes. RS can't let you do all that!

----------------------
Now Playing on (+.·:·) = TRON: Evolution
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 19, 2010
ya the game isnt what i expected i say it was a waste of money because it took me like 3 hours to beat the single player. the only good thing about the game is that you get to switch between outer space and land on the planets all in one game but that only happens on single player. so the game was not worth it. i give this game 6 out of 10
92% of teens have switched to Rap music, if you are part of the 8% that still rock out everyday, put this in your signature. Long live: Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Rolling Stones, Rush, Van Halen, Soundgarden, Iron Maiden, Tom Petty, Slipknot, Rage Against the Machine, and Aerosmith.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jan 19, 2010
I got it the day it came out and yes its fun but I think I shot my hopes up too high for it. It honestly wasn't worth the release-day price.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Jan 19, 2010
ill wait for a price drop to 19.99 or less
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jan 19, 2010
Yeah, ok, sure guys, I think you went in without knowing about this series. The story mode is just a glorified tutorial. The Battlefront games have always been primarily about the multiplayer or single-player instant action. Online and offline in those modes this game excells.
----------------------
Now Playing on (+.·:·) = TRON: Evolution
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jan 19, 2010

TransformerPSX wrote:
Yeah, ok, sure guys, I think you went in without knowing about this series. The story mode is just a glorified tutorial. The Battlefront games have always been primarily about the multiplayer or single-player instant action. Online and offline in those modes this game excells.

The controls, which when I played the demo talked myself into thinking "ohh they aren't that bad just a learning curve," are pretty awful, you can't even run down a cornered hallway without running into something because the analog controls are just that bad. Not to mention that the online win conditions sometimes take a fail-out and even though a team has all points captured, is well over 2000 kills, and has the enemy's base ship destroyed, the game continues on for another 15 minutes for no apparent reason.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Jan 19, 2010
All i have to say is that the sniper rifle is a one shot kill. And most of the time you dontt have to have teh reticle directly on your enemy to kill them.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes