Jul 27 2010
By: CHEEZITS-CHRIST I Only Post Everything 1028 posts

Why can't DICE make SWBF3?

15 replies 476 views Edited Jul 27, 2010

When considering all of the various developers who are candidates for making BF3, one of the most qualified company that comes to mind (besides Crytek UK) is EA's DICE. I can't think of any other game that closely resembles Battlefront than Battlefield (hell, even the names are almost identical). SWBF was even designed around the BF concept.... so how great would it be to see DICE do SWBF3? They have the most experience with large scale battles, great level design, good mechanics and most importantly, experience with vehicle/aircraft warfare. IOW, everything SWBF3 needs. Do you think DICE would ever make SWBF3? Tell me why or why not. 

Message 1 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2175 posts

Re: Why can't DICE make SWBF3?

Jul 27, 2010

I dont think DICE would want to make a game for LucasArts. Seeing how DICE would get the game near-complete just to have LucasArts cancel it at the last second and completely ruining DICE's studio just like Free Radical and Slant 6.

Message 2 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jul 30, 2010

I feel like Warhawk has a more similar resemblance to Battlefront than Battlefield. It's still not all there but the flight system is great arcade-style fun. Try it out if you haven't.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 31, 2010

Here's a fun fact about Battlefield and Battlefront.  Battlefront actually had its origins in the PC's Battlefield 1942.  There was a Star Wars total conversion mod for Battlefield that changed everything from the weapons to vehicles and even maps.  I loved it.  Sadly, the mod died when the developers of it announced that it was pointless to continue it because Battlefront 1 was just announced and represented everything they were trying to make.  Some of them might have actually been called upon by Pandemic to help with the game.  So yes, it is true Battlefront actually had its roots in Battlefield.

Message 4 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Aug 2, 2010

Rustyhunter wrote:

Here's a fun fact about Battlefield and Battlefront.  Battlefront actually had its origins in the PC's Battlefield 1942.  There was a Star Wars total conversion mod for Battlefield that changed everything from the weapons to vehicles and even maps.  I loved it.  Sadly, the mod died when the developers of it announced that it was pointless to continue it because Battlefront 1 was just announced and represented everything they were trying to make.  Some of them might have actually been called upon by Pandemic to help with the game.  So yes, it is true Battlefront actually had its roots in Battlefield.

All the more reason.... You hear that LA, give them a call. I'm sure they can pump out a great version of Battlefront because of this ^^^. But if it doesn't happen then I think Dice still needs to make a 2143 for consoles (PS3). Can you imagine a next-gen sequel to 2142 better graphics and fully destructible environments? That would certainly distract me from SWBF for a bit!!!

Message 5 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Aug 5, 2010

i don't want them to make it. if they make it its going to lose the feel of how swb2 played. every dice game has this certain feel that wouldn't go good with swb3

SUPPORT THE CHANGE: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/change-your-playstation-network-id/sig1
Message 6 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4170 posts

Aug 13, 2010

Neruthul wrote:

I feel like Warhawk has a more similar resemblance to Battlefront than Battlefield. It's still not all there but the flight system is great arcade-style fun. Try it out if you haven't.

Yeah but Incognito who made Warhawk are already working on a game so it would be a while. But Incog was disbanded or something like that so they are making their game as Lightbox studios.

Message 7 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Aug 31, 2010

no no no no....... I hope DICE doesnt make SWBF3, they would screw it up and make it a carbon copy of BFBC (kinda like they did with Medal of Honor, but thats just my opinion).

Message 8 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

Sep 6, 2010

Don't count on DICE to do anything well. All of their recent titles have been leaning AWAY from what classic SWBF and BF are. You would just end up with some cheap wannabe title. I mean, they take a game thats supposed to be true to the soldier and turn it into an arcade shooter. If the Multyplayer of that game was made by Danger Close (Singleplayer devs) or at least just like singleplayer it would have been a near perfect title.

Get your Portable ID!
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 9 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Sep 6, 2010

or just give the damn thing back to the pandemic ppl whom ive last heard also reside at EA

Sign Petition for Star Wars Battlefront 3 here http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?SWBF3&1
Message 10 of 16 (476 Views)
0 Likes