Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DLC - The Starhawk Way

by Lightbox Interactive Developer ‎09-25-2012 10:51 AM - edited ‎09-25-2012 01:30 PM

Last week we announced the new Starhawk 1.04 Update and hinted at the upcoming DLC.  Today, over on the PlayStation Blog, they revealed what the DLC would be, and...

PlayStation Plus members get all Starhawk DLC for FREE!

So if you're new to Starhawk -- and especially if you are a member of PlayStation Plus -- now is a great time to get into the game. Here's quick look at all of the new Starhawk goodies!

Over the weekend some players have had questions about how the DLC would be implemented and so right now we're going to demystify this topic a bit and try to answer them!

With our experience on Warhawk, we know that segregating players based on DLC ownership can force them into 'keeping up with the Joneses'.  The traditional expansion scheme essentially forces players to keep current with all of the latest expansions, or get left behind. When we set out to make Starhawk we really wanted to improve this experience, which is why we worked hard to make sure we could provide all of our new maps for free.  We knew that we would eventually have premium DLC content but our #1 goal was to maintain a great experience for all Starhawk players -- even those player who had not yet purchased the DLC.

The team here at LightBox Interactive explored a ton of different ideas to achieve this and we really think our final solution is simple and works great:

Purchasing DLC grants you the right to build it, but ANYONE can use it!

The way we're handling the DLC for the Grizzly and Pod Launcher goes like this:  If you purchased the DLC, you can use Build & Battle to call it down.  If you haven't purchased it, you can't call it down, but you CAN still use it!   If your teammate builds a Pod Launcher you CAN use it to launch yourself across the map.  If you find an unattended Grizzly you CAN mount it and use it in combat!  Hell, you can even use the LR3 Rail Gun to score a headshot on an enemy while he's stomping around in a Grizzly and then take his for joy-ride!

StoreBrowser.jpg

So what about about the pricing structure?  Our other goal with for DLC was to make sure we were delivering a great value to the player.  And here we feel like we've really delivered.  Each skin is only 99 cents and is broken apart into various parts like boots, arms, chest, head, and legs that can be mixed and matched with any of your other skins! Some skins even come with color variations too. Vehicle paint-job packs are also only 99 cents and can be applied to any vehicle including the new Grizzly Exo-Rig! The Grizzly Exo-Rig and the Pod Launcher are only $4.99 each and never has there been a way to cause so much destruction for the cost of a cup of coffee!

Not to mention that each of the individual player skins, vehicle paint-job packs, Grizzly and Pod Launcher can all be purchased separately from one another.  Meaning you don't have to buy a big expansion if you're just interested in a single skin, vehicle or paint job!

It all hits the PlayStation Store on September 25th,
alongside the FREE 1.04 Update!

Comments
by Uncharted Territory Arron_Rift on ‎09-25-2012 11:04 AM

This is by have the most player-compassionate DLC set up that I've seen anywhere!

I REALLY support this, this is just what I was hoping you guys would do! Hopefully this system will catch on and other game companies will start looking out for their player base as much as LBI is!

Great job LBI.

by I Only Post Everything Celsus on ‎09-25-2012 06:12 PM

:smileysad:

Are we ever going to get a team vehicle in this game? A Dropship or APC like vehicle?

by First Son swaaz009 on ‎09-25-2012 08:28 PM

Hey guy, I downloaded the Multilayer $19.99 one. I installed it and then ran it. I keeps freezing after you start the game. It did update and everything…Any suggestions? I did delete it and install it again and that didn’t work. Then i went into saved games and the utility and deleted everything Starhawk and the game again, I installed it and it still freezes. WHERT Up?

by First Son swaaz009 on ‎09-25-2012 08:39 PM

Tryed it again.... I wonder If it has anything to do with the fact I have played the disc version...but then again I did erase everything Starhawk and started from scratch. **bleep**.... sad face haha

by Lombax Warrior theDemolisher13 on ‎09-25-2012 08:53 PM

Love the update. even those I haven't got the new store but items it all looks good. Just one Question if some one didn't buy the store buy stuff can the just have there friend make it and then they use it or did you take the in mine and put some blocks on that. Also here is an idea for you next update. Give each side it's own one of a kind of building and vehicles that have different uses and and evenly match against each other to spies things up.  well that is it for now and thanks you for doing this for us. It really means a lot to see guises are still thinking about us the player.

by First Son chuck1892 First Son on ‎09-26-2012 12:53 AM

I also downloaded the Multiplayer only version and it freezes at the title :smileysad: any news yet?

by First Son brick370d on ‎09-29-2012 06:33 PM

I JUST DOWNLOADED THE STARHAWK GRIZZLY RIG HOW DO I ACCESS IT IN GAME PLAY...THANKS

by First Son IOMDutch First Son on ‎10-03-2012 01:19 AM

The Grizzlys will be selectable from your build wheel when available.

by First Son Asian_Business First Son on ‎12-30-2012 01:50 PM

I just became a Playstation Plus Member when they took out the free DLCs, are you guys ever going to make them free for PS plus mems again? 

by First Son DRY13 First Son on ‎01-19-2013 08:12 AM

Just found out today that i should have had gotten the warhawk paint job for my participation in the beta and by playing warhawk so why do i not have it i have the hand of the founder i dont understand if anyone has had this problem or knows what is going on i would apreciate an answer....THANKS