Grizzly Week!

by Lightbox Interactive Developer on ‎10-02-2012 01:13 PM

Its Grizzy Week here at LightBox!  The new Grizzly Exo-Suit DLC has been available for a week, and the consensus around the community is that it's a pretty sweet new vehicle!  To celebrate its launch we're spending the entire week focusing on the development of the biggest new addition to the Starhawk arsenal with concept art and behind the scenes footage.

Today on the blog, we're showing off a few pieces from the initial weapon system exploration.  The first two slides were early ideas of what a fully armed Grizzly might look like.  These sketches show the artists playing around with various ideas for the weapons, but you can also see that the general look of the frame itself is starting to solidify (vs the image that we posted yesterday on Facebook).  There's still variation in the structure, especially in the legs, but by this point a direction has been selected, and our artists are starting to dial in the look.

The second two images show off detailed closeups for each of the Grizzly's long range and melee weapons systems.  During the process, our artists will use images of real-world objects to help them hone in on something that is fantastic, but also recognizeable to players as being rooted in heavy industry.  These are just a few of the many such sketches we produced, and are good representations of the weapon concepting process!

ExoSuit_layout04.jpg

ExoSuit_layout04-titled.jpg

EXO4-titled.jpg

EXO5-titled.jpg

Comments
by PlayStation MVP PlayStation MVP on ‎10-02-2012 02:30 PM

epic sweet - more more lol

by Lombax Warrior ARCHENEMY420 ‎10-02-2012 03:27 PM - edited ‎10-02-2012 03:29 PM

that would be sweet if they add more weapons to the grizzly like the hawk you should have to run to find each weapon make a pick up toward taking out hawks would be cool but the concept art looks sweet hopefully you add this to the grizzly it would be sweet. This would make more people buy the grizzly.

by First Son IOMDutch First Son on ‎10-03-2012 01:15 AM

Really enjoying the Grizzlys they have an instant appeal and fill a gap when you find yourself without your trusty Sidewinder.  Great job Lightbox :smileyhappy:

by Uncharted Territory Arron_Rift on ‎10-05-2012 05:24 PM

OOH OOH! Maybe in a few days we could have "Shark Week" (just kidding) :smileyhappy:

But in all seriousness, that is some pretty cool concept art, nice to see how it all came together. And thanks for making the Grizzly so great LBI, I literally like it so much that I find myself neglecting all of the other vehicles :smileytongue:

by First Son rajn_caucasian on ‎10-12-2012 09:52 AM

The Grizzly suit is awesome. I like the EMP burst as the melee.

One recommendation, please consider a charged jump feature to the suit. A good place to start the programming, I believe, would be during a sprint. Alocate a press and hold on the jump button. This would let the charged jump be more case specific.

Thanks for what you guys are doing and keep up the good work.

by Treasure Hunter thesupertman on ‎11-30-2012 08:09 AM
Lbi! Why did you have to leave us so fast! Why couldn't You have finished your game before the layoffs! I want more dlc and stuff!!!! SMS just cares about god of war!