Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
904 posts

Re: SIDEWINDER LOCK-ON

Sep 22, 2012

barefot wrote:
plus, the Razorback gets better and better the more you nerf the other vehicles :smileyhappy:

And, I approve of that.

Message 21 of 95 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Not sure what to think, depends on the circumstances. If the lockon takes as long as with a hawk, sidewinders will have to use terrain to get away, but that will not be a difficult task from how dumb and slow M.A.W. rockets are. I'm assuming a dismount will break the lock, so a camper could only lock on before or after the flag is taken, not while it happens, and a desperate sidewinder could bail as a last attempt at survival. Damage cannot be changed, that would break the sidewinder beyond tweaking. When you chase a flag runner, you can actually kill him, without needing a second player to be a razorback gunner; just get a sidewinder of your own and tail him until you get a clear shot. It seems the lock on won't break anything, just ask for flag runners to have skill and cunning.

Remember, it's all speculation until the patch comes out, and then it will be all opinions.

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Message 22 of 95 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Sep 22, 2012
The RB isn't that bad with engine mods on. I heard someone say that it's about the same speed as the sw when you use engine mods.
Message 23 of 95 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Can't say I can make a decision about it until I see it in action, but it will definitely add some more depth to the gameplay
Message 24 of 95 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
379 posts

Sep 22, 2012
If it locks onto the heat signal of the engine, I think it should be able to lose the missile lock if you hop off of it. That would make things more interesting as well.
I like it. It's been fun dumb firing at SWs at a distance, but the change is welcome.
Message 25 of 95 (164 Views)
Sackboy
502 posts

Sep 22, 2012

yep, in the beta it was exactly the same speed, if the sidewinder has no enginemods.

no the razorback is not that bad, but not that good either.... it is one of my favorite vehicles, because you need some skill to use it and cannot abuse it as the other ones.

Photobucket
Message 26 of 95 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I ike razorbacks, they made it through all that hawk abuse in beta CTF and could go back again and again.

also incase it hasn`t beed mentioned hers how it works.

when you get locked on by a rocket you must bail or use obsticles to avoid the shot.

truthfully I`ve chased SW in Basin and shot my RPG or used mines and havn`t had much issues, true sometimes they get away (like pheonix on CTF Basin last wensday) but becuse of this, open style maps won`t be as famous on CTF inless theres less hawks and guys able to team up in RBs

Message 27 of 95 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Sep 22, 2012
I've been running flags with the RB on engine mods to get ready for the change. It'll just make the few seconds in the base more intense for a runner on a sidewinder but once you get outta the base I think you'll be home free in most games.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 28 of 95 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Sep 22, 2012

^ we should team up some time :smileyvery-happy:

RBing is 1 of the best things in the game

Message 29 of 95 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Sep 22, 2012

well, an other sidewinder can follow you and use the rocketlauncher.

Photobucket
Message 30 of 95 (124 Views)
0 Likes