5. Excessive/poor building

6. Turret farms

7. Shields over flags

8. Flag MAW campers

9. LAG

10. Proxy mines at tops of ladders

11. People that pound on noobs A2G for KDR

12. Grizzly herds

13.  Snap Aim 14.  On screen indicators in ALL situations.  Both the doritos for the hawks to A2G and the circles/direction indicator for the A2A,

15.  Inability to save server rotations

16.  Pre-Lock dodging. 

17. Getting sniped out of a tank

18. Flotilla

19. Basin

20. Stability:  XMB Kick/connection issues/freezes

21. Balancing

22. Motion Blur

23. Vehicles in Troop Deathmatch

24. Ground Pounder

25. 30+ Minute games

26. Host Kick

27. Low Profile deaths

28. Outpost spam

29. Collider

30. Dissappearing MAW rockets

31. A2A weapons lacking

32. Lack of SW in heavyweight

33. SW lock-on

34. Race for the flag not Capture the flag

Message 31 of 122 (2,934 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7523 posts

Re: 100+ Things I DON"T like about Starhawk

Feb 20, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

That takes a lot of skill though...

Sure does! Doesn't mean I have to like it when it happens to me though lol!

Message 32 of 122 (2,929 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Feb 20, 2013

#35 skills (especially EM)

rndmjosh.png
Message 33 of 122 (2,917 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7523 posts

Feb 20, 2013

RandmJOSH wrote:

I was actually just thinking yesterday of starting a "no skills" server. Unrnaked when I hit alpha to celebrate finally achieving that rank. Stay tuned.

Message 34 of 122 (2,914 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2684 posts

Feb 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

RandmJOSH wrote:

I was actually just thinking yesterday of starting a "no skills" server. Unrnaked when I hit alpha to celebrate finally achieving that rank. Stay tuned.

you and southern dude need to hurry up and hit alpha.

BHD
Message 35 of 122 (2,911 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Feb 20, 2013
-That the game takes so long to start up (ie. I should be able to start joining games 10s after putting the disc in) and find good servers.

-Lack of customizable servers

-Kick system

-Over-Dominance of Flight

-Lack of more unique modes that really are exclusive to the unique aspects of the game (BnB, etc).
Message 36 of 122 (2,906 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7523 posts

Feb 20, 2013

1. Spawn killing

2. Bubble camping

3. Mesa/Piller sniper campers

4. Team mates dropping stuff on my head

6. Turret farms

7. Shields over flags

8. Flag MAW campers

9. LAG

12. Grizzly herds

13.  Snap Aim 14.  On screen indicators in ALL situations.  Both the doritos for the hawks to A2G and the circles/direction indicator for the A2A,

15.  Inability to save server rotations

16.  Pre-Lock dodging. 

18. Flotilla

19. Basin

20. Stability:  XMB Kick/connection issues/freezes

21. Balancing

22. Motion Blur

23. Vehicles in Troop Deathmatch

24. Ground Pounder

25. 30+ Minute games

26. Host Kick

27. Low Profile deaths

28. Outpost spam

29. Collider

30. Dissappearing MAW rockets

31. A2A weapons lacking

32. Lack of SW in heavyweight

33. SW lock-on

34. Race for the flag not Capture the flag

35. Long load times

36. Flight can be OP

37. Lack of unique game modes

Message 37 of 122 (2,897 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7523 posts

Feb 20, 2013

a_leenail1992 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

RandmJOSH wrote:

you and southern dude need to hurry up and hit alpha.

I racked up another 20k xp yesterday I think I'm at less than 30k left now

Message 38 of 122 (2,895 Views)
Wastelander
536 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I hate that my troopers missle can't lock on to grizzlies and tanks

I hate that I can find low ranking servers like I could in warhawk

I hate the lack of urban combat maps

I hate the low flight ceiling

I hate that I can't use an auto-turrent manually

I hate the cowboy/miner/corporation them

Ok I am done hating

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" -Yoda

Message 39 of 122 (2,887 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10166 posts

Re: 100+ Things I DON'T like about Starhawk

Feb 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I'm probably asking for trouble with this one.... I'm sure we can get to over a hundred as a community. I'll list what I can though:

1. Spawn killing

2. Bubble camping

3. Mesa/Piller sniper campers

4. Team mates dropping stuff on my head

6. Turret farms

7. Shields over flags

8. Flag MAW campers

9. LAG

12. Grizzly herds

13. ......... 

Your turn.

2. Bubble camping can be good if used properly, just sucks when tanks bubble camp from up high in objective modes IMO.

5. This is a learning process so I see the need for improper building, it is required to determine what is and is not effective.

7. Shields over flags just makes good sense.

8. MAW flag campers I used to fight the idea, but its one of those if you cant beat them join them things.  It does allow less people to "Bubble camp over flags".  Cant be all bad if it enables two less things for you to not like about the game.

10. Proxies on ladders is a fool me once, fool me twice situation, as such I support this tactic.

12. Grizzly herds are very powerful, I for one love to see a show of ground force once in awhile to balance out the OP air.

I dont like how lag can dictate so much of the game mechanics.  Its the difference between seeing a grenade be thrown that you can easily walk away from, or seeming to explode out of no where and then see the grenade icon.

Or moving past a mine to set it off safely, then the next time do the exact same thing and get blown up from 40ft away.

Or being killed by players who are not even on your screen anymore, or yet.  Lag is the one thing that frustrates me the most in this game.  It seems the worse your internet is, the better you do in game.  I tested this a bit and if you want the lag to work for you instead of against you its all about being laggier then the next guy.

Ever notice how some players can take extreme damage and not die, then turn around and kill you with two grenades whch seem to be thrown at the exact same time?  I have landed right beside people with my pod and they dont die, but they land 15ft from you with their pod and you are killed.  Once I was sure I landed on someone and as soon as I landed they grabbed me out of my pod and knifed me!  They did not walk at all inbetween these actions.  So I know the pod drop radius is larger then the knifing radius and this was 100% due to lag.

Addittionally:

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get shield.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get stealth.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get torps.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get clusters.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get Flak.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get Homing missiles.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get chaff.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get extreme speed well over twice that the next fastest vehicle.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get the ability to be virtually invincible against any other type of vehicle.

-I dont like that no other vehicle besides hawks get the option to use various control types which fundamentally change the way vehicles behave/respond as well as wildly altering its abilities.

-I dont like that jetpacks have such limited flight abilities compared to hawks(Much slower, much lower ceiling, no way to dodge missiles effectively if more then 20ft from the ground, etc)  and yet LBI figured they would put a limitation on their fuel as well.  Yet hawks never have to land, why do they never run outta fuel?

-I dont like how the weakest vehicle in the game which has no offensive capabilites beyong running troops over(Something all vehicles can do) was nerfed to include a MAW lock in order to fix a very small issue in a single game mode to try to fix a problem created by another change to the same game mode. 

-I dont like how spawn beacons can be spammed in enemy bases, a limit of one at a time would be better, none would be best.

-I dont like how you can be camped while still in a drop pod, they should have made it so you can fire electricity or a targetted EMP blast from the pod at anyone looking your direction (Only if you spawn in your own home base of course)for atleast the range at which cluster bombs can be fired. 

-I dont like how you can see a hawk coming and jump off a building and while free falling be caught by a stomp by the hawk who landed after you already jumped.

-I dont like the fact that there is no risk vs reward when firing the torpedo point blank under bubble shields or at ground troops from mechs, etc.

-I dont like how hawks can land and still use shields to take zones all the while being invincible against drop pods and everything else.  All hawk super power up pickups should go away when you land.

-I dont like how Dogfight maps begin before giving you a chance to change your skill.

I cant think of much else right now, these are the biggest flaws the game has in my eyes, choosing the right loadout solves most of them though so I'm good.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 40 of 122 (2,880 Views)