Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Re: A horse, in Starhawk?!?!?

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

@The OP:  Ridiculous.

You can't just go upsetting the brilliant and groundbreaking imbalance of this game by adding new stuff willy nilly and not expecting nerfs and skills be demanded.  That's insane!  It will make it hard for new people!  The Warhawk Vets will be mowing people DOWN with these horses!  They'll be unstoppable!

You'll note, btw, I didn't say it couldn't be used without a skill.  I said it must require a skill to be worth using.  

@Sarcastic Font suggesting person:  Ridiculous.  I'm dead serious here.  It simply cannot be in this game if its not nerfed, neutered, and rendered totally worthless without some enabled skill that's insanely simple to pad.  This isn't Warhawk you know! And that's the direction this suggestion would take us!  Right back into Warhawk territory!

Message 21 of 240 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 4, 2012
And is there something wrong with warhawk territory? Warhawk was a great game and if the new players can handle cluster bomb hawks and being gunned down by razorbacks or ran over by a sidewinder or blown to bits by a tank or any other thin that could happen to you, what difference is getting gunned down by a horse gonna make? Honestly is it going to make it impossible for new players to level up or gain xp? No. Is it going to make all the new players give up starhawk? No. So I the new players can handle all the other starhawk stuff then thu could easily handle a horse.
Message 22 of 240 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I see what you did there, bate.:smileytongue:

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Message 23 of 240 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Yes! And and the Horser transforms into a Lion and farts to get a boost! STARHORSE!

Message 24 of 240 (204 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Sep 4, 2012

SanCipirello wrote:
And is there something wrong with warhawk territory? Warhawk was a great game and if the new players can handle cluster bomb hawks and being gunned down by razorbacks or ran over by a sidewinder or blown to bits by a tank or any other thin that could happen to you, what difference is getting gunned down by a horse gonna make? Honestly is it going to make it impossible for new players to level up or gain xp? No. Is it going to make all the new players give up starhawk? No. So I the new players can handle all the other starhawk stuff then thu could easily handle a horse.

Absolutely there's something wrong with it.

This isn't a sequel to Warhawk.  That's why you can't go there.  You sound like... one of those... Warhawk lovers.  Are you, sir, a Vet?  There's no room here for Warhawk Vets or their horrible opinions.

This is Starhawk.  Its ground breaking with its BnB, its lack of any structure or useful weapons pick ups, desolate maps, gimicky skills, no vehicle spawns, and how it forces a player to manage everything from currency to available structures.

To throw a horse off in here without full regard as to how it might bring this game into better balance or how it can first be nerfed or locked onto with an RPG is total madness.  Complete disregard to all the hard work the community has done to get this game dumbed down enough the average orangutan can jump in a Hawk and be a beast.

Message 25 of 240 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
627 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

Still waiting for that uniwinder.

0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 4, 2012
I mean I sorta get what your saying bate but I don't see how you could nerf the horse. If you have any ideas I would like to hear them. In fact, that goes to anyone out there. If you have any ideas on how to help get the horse into starhawk please post them
Message 27 of 240 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
934 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

photo 2lucdp0_zps66052a47.png
Message 28 of 240 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Sep 4, 2012

SanCipirello wrote:
I mean I sorta get what your saying bate but I don't see how you could nerf the horse. If you have any ideas I would like to hear them. In fact, that goes to anyone out there. If you have any ideas on how to help get the horse into starhawk please post them

Well, you'd have to make them slow.  Be able to lock onto them with an RPG, make them tire quickly, we'd have to set aside an allotment of rift for 'feed' and manage that and make them cost quite a bit or people'd be running all over the map on horses, stealing flags and capping them.

They'd need to occasionally throw a shoe too.

Message 29 of 240 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

This is hilarious. Im reading it perhaps differnt than intended... but I am entertained nonetheless. 

Message 30 of 240 (177 Views)
0 Likes