Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 240 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Re: A horse, in Starhawk?!?!?

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

Well we got cowboys breathing in space. Minus well bring in the donkys. 

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 240 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Sep 4, 2012

SanCipirello wrote:
Do you realize what you just said? This is STARHAWK! Did you notice the use of the word HAWK in there? And I this is starhawk then it would make no sense if the vehicles were removed. Then it would be nothing like its predecessor warhawk and the maps like dust would be pointless for a troop map only. And what I described is not OP if any thing it is completely under powered. So why don't you figure out what your talking about before you go around crushing perfectly good ideas!

EXACTLY!  Its NOT A SEQUEL to Warhawk.  It isn't supposed to be anything like Warhawk.  

Also, a saddle and all tack should cost rift, and those should be included in the structure count.  Can't have too many people running around with properly controlled livestock.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 240 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Sep 4, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

i've really grown attached to the donkey idea, good thread people .

Donkeys would work.  No nerfs required.  They'll need to spend time on a donkey spacesuit though.  Maybe offer a paint job in the Warhawk Paintbox?  The flaming paint job would be nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 240 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Alright well say what you wanna say. If you think it needs nerf or is too OP then fine. Whatever. Speak your opinion if you want but keep in mind I think that the horse is fine where it's at and if I think of or see something that must be add removed or changed then I'll do it. But at this point I think if LBI likes it then they'll take it. If not then oh well
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 240 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Well, I'm still not happy with the cost of the horse, the rift coat should be a half rift, it could starve by the time you reach the crater on basin...
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 240 (131 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

Sep 4, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

I think they should remove the people and replace them with birds.

But I wanna be a possum...:smileyindifferent:

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 240 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Gorbad wrote:
I also think the horse should, after eating grass, have a private moment at a random point, causing a new type of "mine" to spawn behind it. One that makes every vehicle and troop that walks through it slip and fall. (a tank wouldn't fall, it'd simply spin 180 degrees)

Yes! Then they can add a monkey that throws banana peels behind it!

**bleep** WE'RE GOOD!

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 240 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Sep 4, 2012

What about gravity and its effects on livestock?  Also, I don't think the PS3 can handle the framerate and data input required for long flowing hair and curves like a horse has.

Also, the hitbox would be all wrong.

Will they be able to carry double gatlin guns like the horse in Jonah Hex?  What will the reload time be, and will they have auto-lock?  Also, how will the OTS view effect the rider? Will you suddenly feel like you're standing on the horse's head?  That could cause some nausea problems, then we'd need a NR, AR, and CAR....

NR=Normal Riding - you just mash x and the horse does a flip to dodge MAWs

AR= Adavanced riding - lots of precise motion here, but it won't be able to dodge anything without a skill to make it faster and more agile, which then means you lose all the hard work nerfing the horse that we just went through in this thread.

Classic Arcade Riding = that horse can spin like a cutting horse, jump like a grasshopper, and teleport across the screen and won't need a skill to do it.

What do you propose for dealing with gravity on the space maps?  Horses don' t like 0 grav situations.  It would strain plausibility to see one being calm on those maps.  Then there's that whole problem of decompression and implosion.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 240 (128 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Well 1)it's a game so it would be fine if the horse is in space 2)the rifters and the outcast can breath in space so why couldn't a horse?
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 240 (123 Views)
0 Likes