Keyblade Wielder
7536 posts

Re: Active MBB members

Nov 27, 2012

I wish was well versed enough at flight to answer the questions accurately. I can dodge anything but homers. I just can't get the timing down.

But its basically moving both your control sticks in the same direction back and forth. Timing it is where it takes practice... I still need more practice

Message 21 of 73 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I been dodging some homers since I got my tips. But I also need practice.

this is me helping
Message 22 of 73 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10352 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Oh I actually have a question....

Ok so in warhawk when someone shot a missle at me I was able to spin and turn and sometimes I would break the lock on.

So now in starhawk I wanted to see if this has it so I put it on pro flight (I think) and flew high BAM!!!! got shot down.

Ok try again same result.

But then I went in CTF and was shooting rockets at someone the first rocket he used his chaff so I let off another 3 back to back shots... he couldnt of got back the chaff so fast yet he dodged all of them. 

I am kinda confused how is it done? I could easily do it in warhawk but its not working for me here.

Any tips?

Well the easy answer is this:

-In Advanced Flight(Starhawks version of proflight)  You spin both sticks in a circle in the same direction.  If you use inverted this is counter clockwise, if not inverted try spinning clockwise.

Knowing this alone does not make you break missile locks, it takes some practice to get the correct timing of how fast to rotate the sticks.

Also I got Freakyevil to help me out and practice this a bit to get my timing down.  I can break lots of missile locks now but my hawk is a little out of control when I do it.

So I too need more practice at this technique.  Tonight I will have some more loadouts with hawks in them and we will take turns trying to break missile locks while the other one practices attacking.

Any MBB members reading this should try to attend, it will be good useful training tonight.

Oh and sorry about the while text Samo.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 23 of 73 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10352 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Sam and Iress you guys are welcome to join our match tonight, just dont be too mean, LOL.

It will be unranked.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 24 of 73 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Yo Philly I still didnt get a mic though so its gonna be tough.

I see I think my problem was I was only using the right stick to spin I dont think I was using the left one.

Ill try that tonight and see If I can get that one down... Yeah I guess it takes practice to master.

Its like when I try it the missile always seems to hit the edges of my wings and still cause me some damage.

Message 25 of 73 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10352 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Yo Philly I still didnt get a mic though so its gonna be tough.

I see I think my problem was I was only using the right stick to spin I dont think I was using the left one.

Ill try that tonight and see If I can get that one down... Yeah I guess it takes practice to master.

Its like when I try it the missile always seems to hit the edges of my wings and still cause me some damage.

In this game even if the missile misses you but is very close you take damage.  Its a bug but normally its not a big deal.

You dont need a mic, I will have one though so hopefully you can hear me ok.

Now where are all our other members? 

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 26 of 73 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7536 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:

Sam and Iress you guys are welcome to join our match tonight, just dont be too mean, LOL.

It will be unranked.

I guess Im chopped liver...

Message 27 of 73 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10352 posts

Nov 27, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

It will be unranked.

I guess Im chopped liver...

You didnt say you need practice, LOL.

But we like chopped liver too, so come on in.

Just realise its for practice, we will shoot at people and let them get health, rinse repeat until everyone is dodging missiles like a pro.

If you know what your doing already you can join and be the one who attacks everyone, just try to give them enough space to have a couple attempts at the dodge kinda thing.

I'll try and have the server open for 6:30pm Mountain time or earlier.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 28 of 73 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 27, 2012
That'll be around the time i play, so i'll try to make it, but my internet has been out all weekend. We'll see if that's different today though. Tha.ks for the invite, philly.

this is me helping
Message 29 of 73 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7536 posts

Nov 27, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

I wish was well versed enough at flight to answer the questions accurately. I can dodge anything but homers. I just can't get the timing down.

But its basically moving both your control sticks in the same direction back and forth. Timing it is where it takes practice... I still need more practice

Self quote for Philly..... I was just giving you a hard time though. But maybe Ill pop in for giggles if Im on.

Message 30 of 73 (104 Views)
0 Likes