Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8252 posts

Re: An introduction and details on Patch 1.03

Jul 30, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
In a player-hosted room, its the host's responsibility. If you don't like how the host handles the room, leave and go find another or make your own.

In an "official" room, a VTK can work, but will be abused to heck and back.

If I knew the hosts were dooshes I would never join in the first place.

For this reason a kick rank needs to be implemented.

I get kicked out of every few games i join, and I am not even that good, but i am persistant.  I go for objectives when no one else will, I steal flags out of fully guarded bases without destroying a single turret, I kill flag runners or go steal their flag before they score and hide with it until they die.  For these reasons I am kicked all the time, because I'm not scared to die.

This is total BS IMHO and needs something to regulate it.

How do you feel about a VTK but the host has the veto?  Then annoying players get kicked only when the host agrees.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 381 of 1,104 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Lightbox Interactive Developer
144 posts

Jul 30, 2012

Aaaaaaaaand we’re back.  Hope your weekend was great!  I’ve got the next batch of answers for you.  Also, please take some time to read over all of the previous questions I’ve answered before posting a new one.  To make it easy I’ve edited the first post in this thread with all of the questions and answers so far!

How will the prestige system work?.. And will we get new emblems when wHow will the prestige system work?.. And will we get new emblems when we prestige or something like that?e prestige or something like that? / Will there be more customization coming with the Prestige levels?

Prestige levels are essentially post-50 levels with new rank icons Alpha through Omega.

So I assume the flight is not really going to be changed since you don't see any issues with it?

As mentioned previously we will not be making wholesale changes to the flight system.  But we’ll continue to tune what we have.

LBI Pete, I remember that a while ago it was posted that you guys were working on a 1 flag CTF mode for Dogfights. Can we expect to see this mode in 1.04? / While I'm here, are there any plans to bring back Collection and Hero? Also, is Flight CTF included in 1.4? / are we getting TDM dogfight any time soon? Thanks.

Flight CTF which is called Gatekeeper will be in 1.04.  This mode pits two teams in hawks against each other in a race to collect the ball, fly it through the score multiplier gates and finally through the main scoring gate.  It has elements of CTF, Flight TDM and the Warhawk Collection mode.  This is the mode that Dylan mentioned feels like Quidditch.  I can’t make any promises but I’m going to try to get approval to stream one of our internal playtests of this mode later this week so you can see it.

Just an idea, could a skill be added to spawn with the Galloway Revolver.  Also, could it be edited to do a little more damage? I said its a fun challenge, but I think it's retarded to shoot 6 shots of CLOSE RANGE from that baby into an enemy, but they still down you with the KR.

When using the revolver aim for the head :smileywink:

Will the Rift Hunter Skin be released to all players of the EU? I ask this because the only way the EU players could get a code was by coming in the top 3 of a Tournament, which was really unfair considering all the US players had to do was watch a trailer.

We made the skin, but then it was up to Sony to decide how they wanted to distribute it.  So unfortunately that part of the process was out of our hands.  From what I understand SCEE may put it up on the store at a later date.

Also, it is so typical of fanbases with low player counts to start asking for DLC before the game is even properly finished. Yeah, split the tiny user base up even more!

Fracturing the player base is something that we definitely want to avoid.  To help with this all of the additional maps will be free, and you’ll still be able to join games that include DLC that you don’t own.

Also, I heard that you guys are planning on adding some really small maps in 1.4, but is this causing problems with the spawn areas?

Closer spawn areas definitely ratchets up the excitement, but they aren’t so close as to allow other players to spawn directly into your base.

Please use plain text.
Message 382 of 1,104 (421 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Jul 30, 2012

Do you have answers for these i asked last week but you didn't answer them.

Are there any plans on adding capturable bases in TDM and CTF? 

Are there any plans on adding more trophies in a future update?

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 383 of 1,104 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012

Wow, randomjosh, really? I don't think he has enough time to surf only your posts and respond. He cherry picks questions that are relevant to the dev team. It is safe to say that if your question is not answered they are working on it or most likely they don't have any answers for you.

1.03 coming soon.

They have said no to your question and the last 900000 questions about cap. bases. SO who knows maybe in the distant future. Doubt it.

Please use plain text.
Message 384 of 1,104 (376 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012

also, I think you alluded to this, but there will be a bnb upgrade in 1.04?

Please use plain text.
Message 385 of 1,104 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Jul 30, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

Wow, randomjosh, really? I don't think he has enough time to surf only your posts and respond. He cherry picks questions that are relevant to the dev team. It is safe to say that if your question is not answered they are working on it or most likely they don't have any answers for you.

1.03 coming soon.

They have said no to your question and the last 900000 questions about cap. bases. SO who knows maybe in the distant future. Doubt it.

I know but he answered all the questions around my questions lol

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 386 of 1,104 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jul 30, 2012

So it sound like where not going be getting a update for a couple weeks... we all want a estimated release date fore the update Please 

Please use plain text.
Message 387 of 1,104 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jul 30, 2012

I didn't see anything about the issues with the sound dropping out. Almost every time I play, Hawk machine guns become quiet in flight. Also, often times most game sounds (Hawk engines, vehicle sounds, building collisions) will go completely silent. Any plans on addressing these issues?

http://www.youtube.com/MattJamesAwad
Please use plain text.
Message 388 of 1,104 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Jul 31, 2012

If those sound issues are not fixed I am going to be **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Message 389 of 1,104 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jul 31, 2012
You mentioned earlier that 1.4 will include new DM modes. What are the modes you'll be introducing other than Arena and Gatekeeper?
Please use plain text.
Message 390 of 1,104 (253 Views)
0 Likes