Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Re: Another Rant

Feb 11, 2013
HOW?! because i die alot in Assault, yet they still make me wait 15 seconds to respawn?!
Message 11 of 20 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Would those 15 seconds happen to be at the start of a game? You know, when you're an attacker, and they make you wait, 15 seconds of waiting?

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Message 12 of 20 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Lol yea i knew that. I was just messing around :smileyvery-happy:
Message 13 of 20 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

The skill score makes absolutely no sense.  Mine dropped from the top 300 to somewhere in the 6 digit range after I started playing deathmatch games.

Ugh....maybe if they were to change somethings, it would stop players from team switching, or quitting every game if they are going to lose. And yes, this is directed at A LOT of the more well-known 'top' players and clans.

Same with the guys who just fly around in hawks the whole match padding their stats and doing nothing towards the objective....then sit there and laugh about how much they are 'owning'. Cluster bombs, Cluster Bombs everywhere !

Message 14 of 20 (130 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Feb 12, 2013

sickcityxiii wrote:

Same with the guys who just fly around in hawks the whole match padding their stats and doing nothing towards the objective....then sit there and laugh about how much they are 'owning'. Cluster bombs, Cluster Bombs everywhere !

Not to actually defend them, they do a good job of that by themselves, but the "Hawk only" players DO contribute to the objective in the sense that they are killing lots of baddies.  That's fewer enemies for the cannon fodder players, like myself, to deal with - we can last longer at the objectives this way.  Most players have their strengths that contribute to the team effort, mine is to soak up more bullets than anyone else so my teammates don't have to.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 15 of 20 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9630 posts

Feb 12, 2013

There should be a hybrid vote to kick system.

The host should have the power to not kick, but the players need to have the option to suggest a kick to the host.

Right now we dont even get to know who the host is and this sucks.

Last night playing some Starhawk this one turd kept on spamming the build limit.

All he did all round was build chaotically arranged walls with the sole intention of sabotaging what ever team he was on.

He would sit there with a wall ready to build and drop it as soon as I would reclaim something.

This guy needed to be kicked but the host was a fool I think.  Maybe he was the host?  It was the 123 server which is usually one of my favorites.

The only good thing was the guy was not on my team every time, but it felt cheap to win knowing he was being a doosh and they had limited ability to do anything like build a bunker of vehicles at all.

Every round even when this guy was on the enemy team i would file a complaint and he never got the boot, I know others were trying to as they were asking over mics for everyone to file a complaint, and yet he remained all night.

For this reason a kick system is requires, but host kicks simply promote stat padding and are the cause of many high KDR's and leaderboard positions.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 16 of 20 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9630 posts

Feb 12, 2013

sickcityxiii wrote:

The skill score makes absolutely no sense.  Mine dropped from the top 300 to somewhere in the 6 digit range after I started playing deathmatch games.

Ugh....maybe if they were to change somethings, it would stop players from team switching, or quitting every game if they are going to lose. And yes, this is directed at A LOT of the more well-known 'top' players and clans.

And what about us who switch to the losing team?  Do we get a skill score boost?  I know we lose the 1000xp for winning the match so there is not much incentive for players to do that.  But IMO the objective in any match should be to have fun and experience some challenge.  I see players switch teams at the beginning to be with their clan and totally ruin the game balance, I'll be capping a flag and then have to switch teams to balance and try to basically battle myself for flag caps.

I think switching to a losing team, then helping them win should count for 2000xp to make it more popular.

But this would likely be highly abused.

I think the guys who only fly and just drop bombs all match in objective based games are afraid for the most part, they know on the ground they would lose their precious KDR's and so they stay hidden in the skies, to me this can be worse then camping in a bubble shield, especially when they insist on torping the enmy teams hawk pads so they dont have any chance of getting killed.

Every rule has exceptions of course but when does honor come into play for these guys?  Myself when I see the other team doesnt want to fly, I wont be a doosh all round and drop bombs, maybe I will do a couple bombing runs then actually play the objective.

I guess I just dont see what is so fun about being untouchable and never having to worry about getting killed back, overcoming a challenge is what gaming is about.  Its why I always play any campaign on the hardest difficulty first.

The hawk-centric ones should challenge themselves, get out of their comfort zones, get in there and give the enemy something to shoot at, then try and survive.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 17 of 20 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

There should be a hybrid vote to kick system.

The host should have the power to not kick, but the players need to have the option to suggest a kick to the host.

Right now we dont even get to know who the host is and this sucks.

Last night playing some Starhawk this one turd kept on spamming the build limit.

All he did all round was build chaotically arranged walls with the sole intention of sabotaging what ever team he was on.

He would sit there with a wall ready to build and drop it as soon as I would reclaim something.

This guy needed to be kicked but the host was a fool I think.  Maybe he was the host?  It was the 123 server which is usually one of my favorites.

The only good thing was the guy was not on my team every time, but it felt cheap to win knowing he was being a doosh and they had limited ability to do anything like build a bunker of vehicles at all.

Every round even when this guy was on the enemy team i would file a complaint and he never got the boot, I know others were trying to as they were asking over mics for everyone to file a complaint, and yet he remained all night.

For this reason a kick system is requires, but host kicks simply promote stat padding and are the cause of many high KDR's and leaderboard positions.

You know whoever you are, you can choose to file a complaint about acertain player for a certina thing. This does not get sent to SMS, it is a vote kick.... every one can select a player, file a complaint about bad building, and low and behold, they will get kick with a message that says why.

Message 18 of 20 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7471 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Philly has been around awhile and is aware of all the complaint filing.  However it doesn't work anymore.  At least it hasn't recently for myself and others I have been playing with.

Message 19 of 20 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Feb 13, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

It is based upon how well you are doing in that particular match. You losing poorly it gets you back in action faster. If you're owning it keeps you out of the fight longer in an attempt to balance the battle by keeping out the best players longer for a few more seconds.

that's a new one on me and I've been here for a while as well.  I always attributed spawn delays to lag.  I would test it, but that would mean I'd have to make an effort to put the disc back in the console. :smileytongue:

Message 20 of 20 (68 Views)
0 Likes