Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Re: Are you sick of the snollygosters on the forums?

Aug 29, 2012

Now that you mention it PILGRIM, I do think that that is affecting the amount of newcomers trying out the game. Obviously what Starhawk needs right now are a fresh batch of brand new players. And around 90% of people i've seen who have played it for the first time said that they had a total blast playing it. The word just needs to spread.

_-I make it look easy-_

Message 51 of 62 (286 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Sep 23, 2012
This needed to be dug back out of the archives methinks :smileywink:
Message 52 of 62 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Sep 23, 2012
good call waablammo
Message 53 of 62 (251 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Sep 24, 2012

levitater wrote:

Now that you mention it PILGRIM, I do think that that is affecting the amount of newcomers trying out the game. Obviously what Starhawk needs right now are a fresh batch of brand new players. And around 90% of people i've seen who have played it for the first time said that they had a total blast playing it. The word just needs to spread.

I've noticed the same thing and that was the exact motivation behind this thread, realizing the new people I come across almost all love the game and have a blast playing it.  

:smileyhappy:

Message 54 of 62 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Im totally having a blast with it! can't wait to get home and play!

Message 55 of 62 (215 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Snollygosters is a funny word. So is curmudgeon. I also think squirrell is a weird word, I mean who thought of it and why?

Message 56 of 62 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Snollygosters is a funny word. So is curmudgeon. I also think squirrell is a weird word, I mean who thought of it and why?

I've seen many instances where such words come in handy on these forums.

For example we have a couple of mendacious posters in here.  They tend to create a a miasmic environment whenever they get to posting.  This invidious behavior is usually perpetrated by doltish gomerels.  I tend to get laconic with their louche attitudes. Sure I can be tendentious when it comes to BHD but I never pipe up until someone becomes a scurrilous poltroon in their postings about the clan.    I do enjoy when my comments have a stultifying affect on these jejune posters who but you know me, I'd rather just sit and have some palaver, hence my love of the clan chat :smileyhappy:.

Message 57 of 62 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 28, 2013
How illuminating. Good post

this is me helping
Message 58 of 62 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Feb 4, 2013

This is a good game. My biggest problem is not the game itself, the biggest problem was getting smashed as a noob. I had to resist rage quitting. The game is very playable, I notice little to no problems with the game itself. It is different then Warhawk. But it is the best third person MMO shooter I have ever played. Let me emphasis that, Warhawk used to be but it is aged, the lack of a sprint button bothers me in Warhawk.

My advice to noobs is to stick to small servers, try to team up right away, spend time in prospector mode, learn the maps, be patient with yourself, this game has a huge learning curve but it is so satisfying when you can finally start racking up some kills and evading the enemy. Read this forum for hints and tips.

And snollygosters is a great word.

Samokoske wrote:

Message 59 of 62 (147 Views)
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Dark-Quaker wrote:

This is a good game. My biggest problem is not the game itself, the biggest problem was getting smashed as a noob. 

And snollygosters is a great word.

Samokoske wrote:

I agree it isn't just the noobs though you go in a random server by yourself and it can be painful experience for anyone.

A lot of the negative comments that have been addressed on this forum (not all) where to help this... Spammed flak,unlimited everything.. Including hawks,auto wars etc.But it seems to always ends in some goober's saying " you can do this to counter it "  blah,blah still not fixing the problems.

Most stay in servers with friends/clans and don't have a clue what's going on and are usually the ones who are abusing the issues and are simply not even that good at the game. They are more worried about looking impressive on the forums than anything else and are part of the reason the game is what it is. So this is the game you have now with only a few even playing.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Message 60 of 62 (137 Views)
0 Likes