Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Re: Are you sick of the snollygosters on the forums?

Aug 17, 2012

I'm here to claim my award.

Message 41 of 62 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Aug 17, 2012

where have you been?

Message 42 of 62 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I've used forums to determine the quality of a game.  You can generally tell who to disregard and who has a legitimate complaint.  Anyone who is going to purchase the game this far after release will run across this forum.  It's the first search result when  you google starhawk forum.

At least from a forum you get multiple angles on a game, instead of reading someone that gets paid to do a review of a game.

MAAN [Married And Always Nagged] Clan is recruiting, period. Also I NEED friends for Ghost Recon Coop/Guerilla/MP for trophies, will help you with trophies in return! Send me a friend invite with "Ghost Recon" in it.
Message 43 of 62 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Yes but regarding the op's post.  If I were looking at this game today, and came here and only saw all the happy people talking about how much they love this game.  1) I would be severely disappointed after buying the game after that (Today) 2) I would be suspicious.

Forums have, by definition and usage the means to keep relevant information at the top.  No one should try to manipulate the community by trying to control this, because the community's participation defines this.

If there are a lot of negative threads, there is probably something wrong.  As someone looking to buy I would want honest feedback, not some shiny  sugercoated crappy input because you're trapped in a game, and want more people to be trapped in it.  :smileytongue:  (<-That's just phrasing before people get their panties in a bunch.) 

Message 44 of 62 (224 Views)
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I was dissapointed because LBI deceived me, the forum didn't.  I think forums do influence peoples decisions, but I don't think a forum should (nor could it) post fabricated information to make something seem better than it is.

The Beta was what I liked about Starhawk and what influenced my decision the most, even though I did read here as well.  But Starhawk isn't what it was in Beta, especially after release..  Now I can actually say I enjoy it and would recommend it to people, course I don't know any gamers in R/L so I haven't recommended it to anyone.

MAAN [Married And Always Nagged] Clan is recruiting, period. Also I NEED friends for Ghost Recon Coop/Guerilla/MP for trophies, will help you with trophies in return! Send me a friend invite with "Ghost Recon" in it.
Message 45 of 62 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8839 posts

Aug 17, 2012
Well thankfully it isn't me since I don't even come here anymore. And when I did, all my criticism was met with "This isn't Warhawk 2." lol
 photo ButteredSconesSig-1.jpg
Want to play League of Legends? Sign up here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index?ref=51b9087ba6e0c793407146
Message 46 of 62 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Aug 17, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

where have you been?

I lurk.

Message 47 of 62 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Aug 21, 2012
Message 48 of 62 (161 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Aug 28, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Just curious as I had some brand new players in my server last night and they were saying how much better this game is than the forums had them believing it would be.

It made me realize that all the curmudgeons on this forum have actually hurt the game, hurt LBI, and hurt all of us in the community who love this game with their skullduggery.

Sorry just venting, I'm done :smileytongue:

Quoted for relevance to the last 24 hours on the forums.

That is all, carry on.

Message 49 of 62 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Just curious as I had some brand new players in my server last night and they were saying how much better this game is than the forums had them believing it would be.

It made me realize that all the curmudgeons on this forum have actually hurt the game, hurt LBI, and hurt all of us in the community who love this game with their skullduggery.

Sorry just venting, I'm done :smileytongue:

Quoted for relevance to the last 24 hours on the forums.

That is all, carry on.

Hey PLYMCO_PILGRIM,

In the PlayStation Community, we've found that things run more smoothly when users abide by our simple Rules of Conduct. I would like to take this chance to point a couple of prohibited behaviors here in the PlayStation Community that your post, quoted above, violates:

Bumping: making a new post solely to bring it up to the top of the thread listing and push down legitimate discussions.

Quote for Truth: (QFT) This applies when you quote someone you agree with, but also doesn't contribute anything to the discussion. Try to add something relevant or add a “Kudos” to their post.

Before you continue posting, please review the Rules of Conduct. With your help, we can keep the PlayStation Community at its best!

Thanks,

Sonic42

Message 50 of 62 (121 Views)