Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Re: Base Ravaging: I have the cure :)

Dec 11, 2012

Someone posted a link to a game 8212 or something like that when I mentioned the dropship ideas before. It looks pretty nice, it was a spawn base exactly like that where players spawned in and jumped out.

I liked that, and an airstrike/space barrage that would hit your base if the team was getting spawned killed for a certain amount of time, it would give players a chance to leave, so that they would not get hit and let the players rebuild..but each time the countdown would get less, and perhaps a prebuilt set of structures after the barrage so teh teams has the buildings all back.

I still wish there was the bounty option for bad players, team killers, campers adn such where both teams could get points for killing them.

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (143 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Dec 11, 2012

THE_MANGAAS wrote:

Team based games have had some sort of spawn protection since team fortress, quake, tribes, unreal, etc.

The big empty barren spawns were a concern from the beta.  It's not really a case of it being "too late" to fix this, because if LBI was still a round, they'd still be ignoring these much needed fixes.   They were ignoring them since the beta.

There's a million ways they could have implemented spawn protection, but that wasn't their vision.  They wanted a "blank canvas" the players built on.

Lolz.

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Yes, Airstrikes to help your team when you're being Base Ravaged.

I love it Celsus :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1172 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

CyVirus wrote:
This is a great idea, I think to completely stop all base ravaging, and make the enemy actually fear being in, or even near the opponent's base.

What if there was a dropship (Think of the beginning of the 2nd Starhawk mission in story mode) for each faction, in there own base above the flight ceiling. It would be indestructible so no hawks or weapons can damage it or destroy it.

When you go to spawn or to re-spawn, you would start in your dropship, once there you will have a few options before getting into a drop pod and crashing down on the battle field. There would be vehicle spawners (if the loadout allows it) built into the dropship, but to build a vehicle or jetpack the rift cost will be double to purchase it. Once you've purchased a ground vehicle you can launch a huge drop pod with you and the vehicle inside to the battle field.

Sounds a lot like my suggestion from back in September. Read HERE

The entire topic was a good one (IMO) back when we had LBI's ear, if even just a little.

Read the entire topic from the beggining with this LINK

I like your version CyVirus as it does tie in even more to the story mode (something I badly wish LBI would have done more of with the multiplayer in Starhawk) but the time has long passed for wishing for improvements. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (121 Views)
Sackboy
501 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Base Ravaging! I have the cure!

Dont' suck at the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (90 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts