Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2012
By: CyVirus I Only Post Everything 802 posts

Base Ravaging: I have the cure :)

16 replies 236 views Edited Dec 11, 2012
This is a great idea, I think to completely stop all base ravaging, and make the enemy acctually fear being in, or even near the opponent's base.

Too bad there are no developers to implement this into the game. It would make this game about 2 times better... Or 3.

If you spawn in the game as of now, all you have is a KR, 3 grenades and about 3 rift, and you have to spawn somewhere in your base.

This makes you an easy target if there are enemies around and not very many defensive structures around.

Here's my idea, inspired by the Dust 514 Beta.

What if there was a dripship (Think of the begining of the 2nd Starhawk mission in story mode) for each faction, in there own base above the flight ceiling. It would be indestructable so no hawks or weapons can damage it or destroy it.

When you go to spawn or to re-spawn, you would start in your dropship, once there tou will have a few options before gettin into a drop pod and crashing down on the battle field. There would be vehicle spawners (if the loadout allows it) built into the dropship, but to build a vehicle or jetpack the rift cost will be double to purchase it. Once you've purchased a ground vehicle you can launch a huge drop pod with you and the vehicle inside to the battle field.

There would be a hawk station with double-sided shields (can't shoot through them either side) where once you have purchased a hawk you can fly thought, but once you've left you cannot fly back inside.

There would also be a built in bunker and an ammunition box where if you paid one or two rift you would also get all the other weapons Eg: Proxies, Grinder, Welding Torch and Revolver. (You get the railgun with the bunker) (the bunker weapons are free).

You would also have a limited time to be in the dropship before gettin into a drop pod. To stop from people hinding in there.

You would be unable to camp in the dropship, you would be unable to shot out of it or into it.

Let me know what you think about this :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (236 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Re: Base Ravaging: I have the cure :)

Dec 11, 2012
Dropship*
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3079 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Thats a great idea!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (228 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Dec 11, 2012
:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2485 posts

Dec 11, 2012
But if you do this you could never drop down in a tank. :smileysad: Think of the ravaging you could ravage on the ravagers if you could do this! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (212 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Maybe you could :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Team based games have had some sort of spawn protection since team fortress, quake, tribes, unreal, etc.

The big empty barren spawns were a concern from the beta.  It's not really a case of it being "too late" to fix this, because if LBI was still a round, they'd still be ignoring these much needed fixes.   They were ignoring them since the beta.

There's a million ways they could have implemented spawn protection, but that wasn't their vision.  They wanted a "blank canvas" the players built on.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7275 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Tanks would just be 8 rift
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (172 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Still think a solid dedicated team can effectively counter a baserape. This isn't acckunting for the randoms. because you can't expect teamwork from random people.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Dec 11, 2012

AMAZING idea CyVirus! Dang I wish LBI was still here to make this game wayyyy better. Props & Kudos!

Free month of gamefly! - http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/1zh1fl

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (161 Views)